“Wonderful Stay!”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Golden
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

My husband and I were en route back to the West Coast. We were forced to stop in Golden due to Highway closures. The reception was very friendly and our room was very clean and updated. The hot tub was a nice addition to a cold night. We happened to be there on Buffet night at the on site Chinese restaurant...FANTASTIC meal for $13!!

Room Tip: Request the second floor as the view of the mountains is unreal
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
goldenvillage, Owner at Howard Johnson Hotel Golden, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Debra s

Thank you for your feedback on TA. I hope we are in future travel plans. We have recently undergone and are continuing in a massive motel wide renovation and welcome you stay with us once again.

Pavi Khunkhun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

This the worst ever rude staff dirty rooms when i was checking out another customer was in the office furious that one of the hotel staff had stolen his truck. What a dump the staff the worst ever period.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank patrick n
Dear Patrick n:

It has been some times since your last visit at my motel. I am undergoing a motel wide renovation and would like a chance for you to write a positive review on TA. Please contact me at pavi@goldenvillageinn.com and I can explain what I wish to do. Just to clear another matter it had not been a hotel staff member that had stolen the truck, the police report had stated that it was another guest.

Pavi Khunkhun

Travellers are raving about these Golden hotels

BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

We booked five rooms for a family reunion Oct.14-17/2011. The rooms were clean and comfortable.We enjoyed the hot tub. One in our party required a handicap room which was top notch. Very good value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Summerlanders

Calgary, AB
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Arrived last night at 11:00 pm (mom and son travelling alone). Lobby looked fine, several cars in the parking lot. Checked in and pd. Room had a deadbolt for looks only, totally nonfunctioning. The only lock was the door knob. Bathroom walls were stained, bed was dirty. And I mean disgusting! Got dressed, packed up and went to get a refund. Mgr says you've been here for a long time, why are you only complaining now? 20 minutes... He checks the room and says oh its fine and besides you've used things! OMG - yes we used some toilet paper, hand soap, and attempted to go to bed!?! He didn't feel he should provide a refund, offered another room. Not likely. Then he says to me you probably do this all the time! Oh yeah, I drive my kid around for hrs on end, check into hotels late at night, use their washrooms and turn down the bed, all with the ultimate plan to go and get a refund?! What an idiot. Pd $110, refund was $105... By now its 12:30 at night, I'd had enough fun by then, he could keep the $5... And to add to our evening, several other hotels were full! Drove to them all, ended up getting to bed at 1:00 am. Could have taken that time and continued on to revelstoke, would have stayed at the Coast hotel right off the highway.

So, unless you like filth, haggling with an unpleasant gentleman and ultimately losing some money, keep going away from the village idiot inn. Sleeping in your trunk would be more appealing!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank WhosU
Dear WhosU

It has been some times since your last visit at my motel. Since your stay we have updated new locks with key card function, as well as several other updates.

Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2010

The worse room I have ever been in. The beds were dirty, covered with hair and stains, the pillow cases as well as the sheets. The bootroom at my childrens school is more inviting. We refused to stay in such a place and when asked for our money back, were told they were going to have to charge us $20 to wash the sheets!!! Do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank LaurenCalgary
Dear LaurenCalgary:

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

passing through on our way back home we stayed at this property., The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. it was right off the highway so it was easy to find. The value was good too compared to the other hotels around town

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank louis_hodgdon
Dear louis_hodgdon

paris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

We did a reservation for this hotel by phone. We were told by the rceptionist that the rate for a room was 89$ +Tax . When we arrived we were very surprised to see and hear from the receptionist (the same person as on the phone) that our by phone booked room cost 99$ +Tax. Only a misunderstanding ????
The chambermaid seemed to have forgotten to change the linen.We went to the receptionist and told him about it. He only said that it was not possible. When we insisted on changing the linen as there we stains of blood and dirt on them he suddenly was not able to understand us properly-his or our English was so bad from one moment to the other.
Furthermoer the towels were grey and door to the bathroom had a hole which was covered by a postcard (plastered on the door). We could hear each step form the room above us. We could count every use of water in the room next (more exactly behind) to ours.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple