Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$29
WyndhamUS$129
Expedia.comUS$129
Lol.travelUS$155
All reviews pool and hot tub continental breakfast yogurt boiled eggs room was clean kicking horse lake louise gym highway fridge rates bedding rockies laundry skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2020

The Ramada was a good place to stay in Golden. Fairly well priced with a very good location. Rooms were comfortable and we stayed at the back to try and reduce the noise which helped. Darvin who was on the front desk in the evening was very helpful and friendly

Room tip: For a quieter night ask for a room in the back
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2020 via mobile

We arrived late needing to get children and a baby to bed.
As my daughter climbed in bed to go to sleep, she remarked, “Ew!!! I’m not sleeping in this bed!” I though she was overreacting and tried to just get them to go to sleep, but she wanted to know what was spilled in her bed. When I looked I couldn’t even tell her what I thought it was.

We couldn’t pick up and leave with tired children and a baby that needed to get to bed ASAP, not 1-2 hours later to find another hotel.
I just tried to diffuse the situation by going and getting clean sheets for all three beds in the room. When I got back she showed me the “leak” had gone through to the comforter, in the same spot, as well. I had to go back down and get more bedding. It is still disgusting to know that the beds were very obviously made with dirty sheets and comforters. We found 4 pieces of garbage on the floor, one was an earplug which my 1 year old baby could have put in his mouth and choked on. Other things looked like they had not been cleaned for at least months (see pictures).
In the morning they discounted us down to $100. This is even more insulting. We would not pay even some cheap economy rate for such a filthy room. People should not be expected to pay for that. The manager would not return calls or email even though he passed on a message to staff that he would. Completely unacceptable.

Breakfast was a preschool snack bag, just enough to insult guests. Other hotels have someone serving out hot items if desired and many more options to grab and go. This place is still using the pandemic as an excuse to provide poor service. Not sure what excuse there is for giving guests such a filthy room though.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2020

In the room, there were dust on top of the desks and the bed frame. The washroom is very small and there were stains on the bathtub and also coffee stains on bedsheets. The receptionist is very rude and has no respect. He also said that the pool closes at 10pm but closed it an hour before. He kept telling us to wear masks but he was the one who wasn't wearing any. He even let all the other guests to come in without a mask.

Reviewed September 11, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling through and decided to spend 2 nights at this hotel. We found it to be a good location as we wanted to be near the highway for a day trip to Lake Louise. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and beds were comfy! We used the coin laundry facilities with no issues. Pool was clean and hot tub was lovely after hiking! The only thing we were disappointed in was the breakfast. When we booked it said free breakfast, due to COVID it was a “grab and go” breakfast, which consisted of a banana, juice box, and very small Kirkland granola bar. You could also grab a yogurt. To me this is a snack not even close to a breakfast! I think the company could do better for the breakfast (muffins, bagels, boiled eggs?) or pair with the local Tim Hortons or breakfast location for a coupons, or reduce rates!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2020

Not that this review will go anywhere as I saw all the repeated reply's from management and he's just copying and pasting, not even bothering to actually read the reviews, he is probably the guy that checked us in.
The guy we had at check in wasn't pleasant, was a little to abrupt answering questions and rude actually. Didn't offer my other guest an extra room key, told us nothing about swimming pool etc.... Room was decent, not special. Found some hairs from last people in our room, so there we ran out bought our own cleaner to wipe everything down, quite disgusting we had to do that especially during covid, worst Ramada I have ever stayed at. Continental breakfast is a paper bag with a Costco granola bar, green banana and a juice box, not taking into consideration of allergies. I’ve stayed at other Ramada's since covid that have much better greetings and always happy to answer questions. Also not one staff member was wearing a mask! Won't recommend, and will tell many that travel through Golden, don't waste your money, go somewhere else. Will post on other media sites as well :)

Room tip: don't bother
Date of stay: August 2020