“A pit stop”

Golden Eco-Adventure Ranch
Ranked #32 of 43 Speciality Lodging in Golden
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying me and my bf are avid campers. We stayed at this campsite for 1 night because all other campsites were full. We were tired an thought let's just pay the 40$ and get a tent site. The tent site we got was a walk in site. The site was full of mosquitos and nothing special and no privacy. In my opinion it is a waste of money. The nice thing is that there are showers there with hot water, water refill station, flush toilets, and lots of people around. If that's your idea of camping this is for you but bring your mosquito repellant. Like I said we only stayed here because we needed a spot in between traveling. If you want more of a real camping experience there is a free campsite down by Donald just off the logging road that is really nice with a river flowing right beside.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Do not stay here unless you love being eaten by mosquitoes.... sites are private but there were a lot of noisy campers around you that management did not do much about quieting do. Cool pond and pathway but not sure if it was swim able. Also a ways from Golden.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights here with our two kids. The first night we arrived late, and there was a party nearby. Quiet time was posted as 10pm. At 11.45 I had to go and ask them to be quiet (which they did) as there was no one from the campsite enforcing quiet time. The next day there was a huge party with very loud music. I think it was a wedding in one of the on site buildings. Yes...they hold wedding receptions in the middle of the campsite. I went to the office at 9.30 to ask about that and mention the party the night before. The lady at the front desk said they had told the party the previous night that they would be kicked out if they weren't quiet. I find that doubtful as they didn't tone it down until I told them to. I'm going to call that lie #1. She also said that quiet time was in fact 11 pm. I went back and checked - it said 10 pm on all their literature. That's lie #2. No she was not mistaken - she works there and was making excuses, it was a bold faced lie. At 10.30 as we were trying to get to sleep for an early morning I went back and pointed out that quiet time was indeed 10 pm. She said that the partiers had been told that they had to shut down at 11 pm, and she assured me that they would be done by then. Whatever. Lie #3. At 1am it was still going. We were in our trailer with the fan running to try and drown out the music with no luck.

So, in summary, if you like to party late while you are camping, this is the place for you! Your party will not be shut down. Why not? I have not idea. Perhaps this is the business they are after. For everyone else, avoid this place like the plague especially on weekends.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We had a drive in unserviced tent site (pitch 70) for 3 campers. The approach onto the grounds is super scenic with open fields full of playing gophers surrounded by the cascading mountains. The office is well serviced with friendly staff, mosquito repellents and ice creams! The washrooms are very clean and well equipped, you are asked to remove your shoes before entering to keep the rooms clean, these were maybe a 5 min walk from our tent site, but there were long drops in close proximity for use during the night. Make sure you bring antibacterial gel for these! Although we enjoyed walking around the swimming pond, the water was not the most appealing and I certainly wouldn't have swam in it. Mosquitos are troublesome, but not the worst we've encountered, just ensure you bring plenty of repellant or stock up at the office. Although it was 32C late into the evening, it dropped to 8C overnight so ensure you bring plenty of layers and if you are a light sleeper don't forget the earplugs as the wildlife can be quite loud!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Victoria L
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

One night stay in almost paradise. Situated in stunningly beautiful country, the ranch was immaculate. The grounds
Were well cared for washrooms showers absolutely clean and sanitary and with all necessary facilities for comfort and convenience. Both private wooded camp sites and open field are available.Yurtz are large airy and very comfortable. Staff friendly and accommodating. Wildlife of various kinds can often be seen meandering through the grounds. Kite flyers often landing on grounds designed to accommodate that pass time.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank lornenadler
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

This could be an interesting park. Very rustic. We had a pull through for our 34' 5th wheel and it was fine. In the summer or better weather there are paragliders which would have made our visit more exciting. There is also access to the Columbia River down the road. For us the weather was rainy and cloudy so not much to do. WiFi is only accessible by the office. Laundry looked Ok but you had to take shoes off at the front door of wash house building. This is where the showers are so I guess it makes sense!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean H
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

A bit of the beaten path but well worth it. Best Campground we have found in the golden area. Saw a bear which was both fun and a bit unnerving . Definitely stay again next trip. Both power and watch. Nice private stalls.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple