“Was OK for a guy overnight but will not stay as a couple.”
Review of Super 8 Golden

Super 8 Golden
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Golden
Washington
“Was OK for a guy overnight but will not stay as a couple.”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Last weekend I did a quick overnight stop by myself. Remembered the Super 8 when it was new as being good.
The lady at the front desk was pleasant and I was glad to be away from road noise in a non-pet room.
But right away noticed the carpet needed a good clean so kept my sandals on. The towels were very small and thin. The bath towels were smaller than we use for hand towels at home.
The breakfast in the morning is poor so just walk over to one of the nearby restaurants. For example, the styrofoam cups are the size of a thimbles, the juice dispenser was empty, the bread for toast was put out in original store bags.

Room Tip: Ask for room that has not had pets.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Alberta
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Stayed at this super8 when it was plus 35 the ac in the room did not work. The front desk was closed. In the morning we explained what went on. Not a sorry or a discount offered. When I got home I called there head office to let them know, when they got in contact with this hotel, the hotel said I wAs not smart enough to use the ac!!! I was very upset by there actions and I was a loyal customer until then. well never book with a super eight ever again. But on the plus the room was clean but when paying for ac I want and don't like being called stupid

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Golden hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2011

STAYED FROM JULY 17 to 18, 2011.
As we were lucky to get the kitchen suite, it was a very spacious, neat and clean room. The atmosphere was very peaceful. The young girl who attended to us in the evening of July 17, 2011 was very polite and courteous. The gentleman who checked us out was also very professional and courteous. Overall, a good experience and will recommend this motel to all friends and family.
Saleem Ansari
Ottawa, Ontario

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Port Alberni, BC
Reviewed 9 July 2011

we had planned to stay in Cochrane, but wanted to make better time on this leg of our trip, So changed our stay to Golden. Won't do that again. Place smelled smokey, did not look overly clean. Carpet may have been vaccuumed, but was past the point of ever being able to look good again. There was a jacuzzi, but my dad said he would not want any of my kids to go in it from the way it looked. Very substandard to all the Super 8's we stayed in through Alberta and Saskatchewan.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank chani_BC
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2011

On a recent trip from coastal British Columbia to Calgary Alberta I felt the need to find a hotel/motel after driving all day . I chose the Super 8 in Golden BC , it being a national name . It was a grave mistake . I wanted a non-smoking room which the clerk charged me for . I awoke in the middle of the night smelling cigarette smoke and discovering all the bed linen had that smell . Other problems with this facility was the deplorable condition of the bath and shower area which was dirty and moldy . All the towels in the bathroom also had the unpleasant aroma of cigarette smoke . And; to top it off the sink in the bathroom was plugged ! This was definitely a nightmare I want to forget .

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank ED12348
burnaby
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Have stayed at this Super 8 a few times and found it to be just right. When skiing, enjoyed the hot tub, when passing through town we like the Golden Grizzly across the street for dinner, when going mountaineering it was a great staging spot. This last stay I realized I may have left something behind so a week later, as we passed through town going home, I stopped in and yes, there it was! They could easily have just thrown it away. Kind of them. Service was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BurnabyAnita
edmonton
Reviewed 18 September 2010

It was just a little bit pricey compared to the low rent motels that sometimes grudgingly allow pets, but well worth it. We basically enjoyed a one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen, wholesome carpeting, and good internet. It also seemed pretty quiet, for having a highway on one side and train tracks on another.

• Stayed September 2010