All reviews highland cattle other guests rooms are beautifully furnished hot tub an amazing host best places we have ever stayed every morning stayed longer short drive great place to get away spent nights beautiful house relaxing place to stay ensuite bathroom canadian rockies perfect stay feel right at home
Reviewed January 10, 2017

From the start with a very warm welcome from Lynn, our hostess, this was a special location. The house is extremely well appointed and the bedrooms spacious and nicely furnished and, of course, en suite. Guests have the run of the house and it is well equipped for our visit for skiing.
The only downside for some will be the distance to Golden and on to Kicking Horse ski area but for us this was more than compensated by the scenery and help given by Lynn in making our stay so enjoyable.
Although a B&B, Lynn will provide an evening meal given notice.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
homelodge, Owner at Home Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to post a review, it's very much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay - it was super fun looking after you all and I'm glad the snow gods delivered at Kicking Horse when you were here. Hope you make it back another time!
For others thinking of booking, yes, as mentioned, I am the other side of the valley to the ski area, but I hope the price I charge compared to similar standard on-mountain accommodation reflects this.

Reviewed January 2, 2017

Our family and extended family spent 3 nights again at the Home Lodge. There is not much else that needs to be said about this place, except AWESOME. It is clean, quiet, well maintained and managed, secluded, only a short drive into Golden. Owners are friendly, helpful and full of useful information and contacts for the surrounding area. Should you be into photography it a great place for wildlife, cattle, horses, mountains, etc. I do not easily recommend places to stay, however, this is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of life for a while.

Can't wait to return again next year, Thanks Lynn!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

It's always such a pleasure to have your family stay. It's been lovely to watch it grow now with grandchildren. The atmosphere when you are all here in the house is just lovely. Your deer and toboggan photos are tremendous (as you can see from my website posting) and I think I now need to build a toboggan hill for next year! Hope to see you in 2017 and thanks so much for taking time to post a review, Lynn

Reviewed October 4, 2016

Wonderful B&B and like others can't fault it on any count. Lynne is an amazing host (with Siggy) and her beautiful home is a real gem. Gorgeously sumptuous beds, fantastic lounge and what a hot tub! (Although so tempting we just didn't have time to try it but will do next time) and fabulous surroundings. She is so enthusiastic, welcoming and knowledgeable and a brilliant cook providing tasty breakfasts. It's so lovely we almost don't want to tell everyone in case its booked up and we can't return!
Thanks Lynne and look after those muckle coos. Cathie & Pete

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
homelodge, Owner at Home Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2016

Hello Cathie and Pete, my coos are in fine fettle, happy at being the most photographed in BC, if not Canada! It's easy to be a good host when my guests are warm, genuine, friendly and great company for me and all the other guests, so thank you. Let me know when you'll be back this way and I'll make sure you have a room! Lynn

Reviewed October 3, 2016

We can only echo the praise for Lynn, her hospitality and the lovely home that guests have the run of as their own.It's a relief after a long day travelling, even in scenery like the Rockies, to be met by Lynn's welcome.
Golden is a perfect location to stop, but we wanted to avoid accommodations that run along side the Highway.This offers country seclusion and so much more.It is on a small farm with views, that even on a misty morning, lift the spirits.
From Lynn's first genuine welcome you know you have hit gold.The rooms are excellent, the bathroom great, the linens impeccable and the beds comfortable.The lounge has soaring windows, to encompass that view.
We took Lynn's recommendations and directions to eat at Eleven22 , having asked her suggest somewhere with simple tasty food,and were so glad we did.It was perfect,relaxed but efficient, with great food.
Our only mistake after a really beautiful breakfast of fruit salad, yoghurt , cereal, toast,and a delicious scrambled egg with sausage, was to have only stayed one night.
Guess we will just have to go back !

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Hello, this morning is one of those mornings you describe - misty with the sun about to come through! Thank you so much for not only visiting, but writing such a lovely review. I am genuinely delighted about how you felt - I am happy when guests feel welcomed and want to return. Hope you make it back on your next Rockies trip. Thank you, Lynn

Reviewed October 1, 2016

This was definitely the best place where we have stayed during our 2,5 weeks in Canada. The B&B is in a very quite location, only a 10 min drive from the city center. The beautiful house has very spacious and cosy rooms. Lynn is an excellent host who makes you feel at home immediately. The breakfast table proved to be the best possible way to start your day: a positive atmosphere, an extensive breakfast, good coffee/tea and wonderful guests from all over the world to share your stories with. If your trip brings you through Golden, the Home Lodge is without doubt the place to stay!

Room Tip: This one has it all!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
homelodge, Owner at Home Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Hello! Thank you so much for taking time to write a review, much much appreciated. Sorry to hear your holiday is over :-( When you were here you helped the house embody the atmosphere I dreamed of in having a B&B: great guests chatting with each other, sharing their stories and getting ready for a great day visiting the sights around. Hope you make it back this way again, thank you! Lynn