“Terrific hidden place”

Heather Mountain Lodge
Ranked #26 of 56 Restaurants in Golden
Reviewed May 26, 2017

We slept there for one night with my 10 years old son. The lodge was very nice. When we ordered our meal the service was slow BUT the food was terrific. Thank you so much for the GREAT experience.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank nanoudrolet

Reviewed September 17, 2016

My wife and I stayed at the lodge which we really enjoyed and I submitted a review but we also eat in the restaurant and I would like to submit a separate review.
The dinner meals we had were delicious. I had the pork ribs and I have to say they were delicious. The ribs were rubbed with Jamaican spice with pineapples bits and sides of awesome coleslaw and sweet potato muffin. My wife had the Game burger which was a combination of Bison, Elk and Duck. We can't say enough about how incredible the food tasted. The cocktails and dessert were also fantastic, not to mention the great service from the staff and beautiful views of the mountains.
We also had the buffet style breakfast which was also very good with fine quality foods. We can't wait to visit again and rave to our friends about how great it was.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 7, 2016

We had a fabulous stay at the lodge with excellent service, fantastic food and great views! Can't ask for much more than that! The staff here are friendly, competent and totally in service. The food is fantastic!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 24, 2016

We spent two days/nights at this lodge. The service was excellent. The rooms all have locally made lavender soaps. Unfortunately I am allergic to lavender and the smell caused me to have an immediate reaction when we entered the room. It was reported to the front desk and the soap was removed. They tried very hard to find another product but it was lavender based. I carry my own unscented soap so it wasn't a problem. They were very understanding. There is a restaurant on sight which is excellent. We had two evening meals and every item we ordered was tasty and delicious. There home made soups are wonderful as is there home made bread. HIghly recommend this lodge and the restaurant. It is somewhat close to the highway so can be noisy with the traffic but that can be lived with given the excellent staff, service and food.

Date of visit: July 2016
Alexis A, Manager at Heather Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We hope to see you again soon and we will make sure to have non scented soaps for you.

Reviewed April 19, 2016

Enjoyed dinner in late March before the restaurant closed for the spring. The new chef is amazing - passionate, knowledgeable and pedigreed in the slow food and farm to table movements. Expect more great things from this perfectly located lodge.

Date of visit: March 2016