“Great rooms and dinner, skip breakfast”

Heather Mountain Lodge
Ranked #26 of 56 Restaurants in Golden
Reviewed March 18, 2018

The location of Heather Mountain Lodge was perfect for us after a long day of driving before heading into Yoho the next day, so it was a delight to experience prompt service at the front desk and find the room well appointed. Dinner that night was OUTSTANDING. Truly one of the best meals we had on our 2 week vacation to British Columbia and Alberta. It takes a lot to make a chicken dish great and they nailed it. The grilled vegetables with it were perfect as well. They had a good beer selection, which we greatly appreciated not being wine drinkers.
The only low light was breakfast- after having such an excellent dinner the night before, expectations were high for breakfast, even knowing it was a buffet. I've had good buffet breakfasts elsewhere, so I know it can be done, and let's just say this was... not good. Especially not $20 good. So skip breakfast and get something in Golden.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank 301-Nicole-MD

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

This place is highly recommended mostly because of the staff. I have never been in a place with such a friendly staff. I would hire all of them immediately if I ran a hotel. Beside friendly they were funny and very helpful with everything. Kids were able to run around and play and even got a t shirts when we left. Amazing food as well. The rooms and view are great too.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed May 26, 2017

We slept there for one night with my 10 years old son. The lodge was very nice. When we ordered our meal the service was slow BUT the food was terrific. Thank you so much for the GREAT experience.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank nanoudrolet
Reviewed September 17, 2016

My wife and I stayed at the lodge which we really enjoyed and I submitted a review but we also eat in the restaurant and I would like to submit a separate review.
The dinner meals we had were delicious. I had the pork ribs and I have to say they were delicious. The ribs were rubbed with Jamaican spice with pineapples bits and sides of awesome coleslaw and sweet potato muffin. My wife had the Game burger which was a combination of Bison, Elk and Duck. We can't say enough about how incredible the food tasted. The cocktails and dessert were also fantastic, not to mention the great service from the staff and beautiful views of the mountains.
We also had the buffet style breakfast which was also very good with fine quality foods. We can't wait to visit again and rave to our friends about how great it was.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 7, 2016

We had a fabulous stay at the lodge with excellent service, fantastic food and great views! Can't ask for much more than that! The staff here are friendly, competent and totally in service. The food is fantastic!

Date of visit: August 2016