“Great mountain lodge!”

Heather Mountain Lodge
Ranked #26 of 56 Restaurants in Golden
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I are staying here for 1 night and I have to say, what a tremendous find! You cannot see the lodge from the highway and the signs are easily missed but it is worth a visit. The front staff are friendly, helpful and polite. The rooms are comfortable with a mattress that allows an uninterrupted sleep. Road noise is barely perceptible. The dining room however was the high point! The food was excellent and served by some great servers. The rack of lamb was excellent as were the bison short ribs. Really enjoyed our brief stay here and look forward to returning!

Date of visit: July 2019

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dined at the Heather Mountain Lodge for our 33rd anniversary and had a great meal!!! Our waiter was very attentive to the fact that we just wanted to sit and enjoy the evening at a leisurely pace that everything arrived perfectly. We ordered 2 appetizers that were both flavourful and beautifully presented. Our main courses were equally as good! Our waiter also brought us desserts on the house for our anniversary. He was very knowledgeable about wine choices and general inquiries that we had.
We look forward to dining there again sometime soon!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 18, 2018

The location of Heather Mountain Lodge was perfect for us after a long day of driving before heading into Yoho the next day, so it was a delight to experience prompt service at the front desk and find the room well appointed. Dinner that night was OUTSTANDING. Truly one of the best meals we had on our 2 week vacation to British Columbia and Alberta. It takes a lot to make a chicken dish great and they nailed it. The grilled vegetables with it were perfect as well. They had a good beer selection, which we greatly appreciated not being wine drinkers.
The only low light was breakfast- after having such an excellent dinner the night before, expectations were high for breakfast, even knowing it was a buffet. I've had good buffet breakfasts elsewhere, so I know it can be done, and let's just say this was... not good. Especially not $20 good. So skip breakfast and get something in Golden.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank 301-Nicole-MD
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

This place is highly recommended mostly because of the staff. I have never been in a place with such a friendly staff. I would hire all of them immediately if I ran a hotel. Beside friendly they were funny and very helpful with everything. Kids were able to run around and play and even got a t shirts when we left. Amazing food as well. The rooms and view are great too.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed May 26, 2017

We slept there for one night with my 10 years old son. The lodge was very nice. When we ordered our meal the service was slow BUT the food was terrific. Thank you so much for the GREAT experience.

Date of visit: August 2016