“Some of the best sushi in BC”
Review of Maguro Sushi

Maguro Sushi
Ranked #17 of 234 Restaurants in Delta
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Second visit to this restaurant and was not disappointed. Friendly service and the food arrived quickly. You can see the chefs preparing the food, and it’s very very fresh. It’s maybe a bit expensive, but well worth the money.

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

The owner of this eatery is probably the rudest person on the face of the earth. The staff are so afraid of her that they say nothing. The food is well below average and way over priced. They fancy themselves as a traditional sushi house but really are low quality. Some of the vegetables have that old taste like they have been sitting around in the back and I peaked into the kitchen and it was filthy. Yuck!

The service was so bad when I went to pay the owner came over with the machine and it didn’t have an option to choose the tip percentage or a “other amount”. You are forced to tip and don’t have a choice. 3 times in my life I have have not left a tip and this would of been one of them. I complained to her and she said “too bad” and threw my receipt in my face!! Not kidding here. Our server came over after to apologize for the owners behaviour and she got yelled out.

Stay clear if this place, food is bad and service is really bad.

1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed April 10, 2018

I've visited here reluctantly a few times when everything else was closed; the food was surprisingly expensive for how little they give you, and I found so many little things to complain about. Otherwise, the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere and the service was good. I wouldn't exactly recommend this to anyone, but if those things don't matter to you, then go ahead.

1  Thank coveredinsand916
Reviewed March 31, 2018

We have been going to Maguro for a few years. Food is always great. Service is usually fine, nothing special, but nothing terrible. We tried their new online ordering system for the first time the other night. Ordered our food to be ready two hours later. The first odd thing was that it required us to acknowledge that we would pay in cash in-store (even asked us if we were going to need change). Odd, but fine. When we arrived they had forgotten our order. They began a rush order while we payed. They then wanted to charge us more than both our confirmation text and email stated. They said this was because there was a glitch in the system and the number we were given didn't include tax. They then showed us other texts they had sent to other customers that ordered online that did include tax. So, they forgot our food, they screwed up the order total, and then wanted to charge us more (when the online ordering system is set-up to encourage you to bring exact change). After refusing to pay more than we were quoted in writing they finally relented about 15 minutes into the conversation. As other reviewers have said - food was good, service this time was terrible.

1  Thank Nathan F
Reviewed February 28, 2018

I can't dispute that this is authentic and cleanly made however I've never been "wowed" by the food here.

1  Thank JKL1104