“Chineese food at its best”

New Ruby Restaurant
Ranked #144 of 232 Restaurants in Delta
Reviewed August 27, 2015

Great local eat and has great chineese food take out delivery and eat in. The joint needs a little renovations but other than that great place to go to and eat

Reviewed April 21, 2015

My son started us going to this chinese food spot . The service is good and the food comes out fast. We have ordered the won ton soup and enjoyed the combination specials. A pot of chinese tea is a perfect accompaniment . Will definitely go back . The price is moderate , won't break the bank .

Reviewed November 11, 2014

When you first walk into this place you can get really depressed as it looks like a 70s diner that hasn't been updated in the last 4 decades. The experience turns around when the extremely friendly and attentive waitress comes to take your order and becomes stratospheric when the food is actually served. I was literally licking the plate of dishes such as the Beef with Gai Lan and Lap Cheong. The servings are huge, extremely low priced, and superlative. This very well may be the best Chinese food to be enjoyed outside of Richmond and the Downtown East Side so don't miss it! It's well worth the drive to Delta!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I haven't eaten 'in' this restaurant, but I did have the food from here yesterday, take out...and it was excellent Chinese style. I was there between meals, after lunch and before dinner. The service I did receive, was just fine. The lighting was lower because it was their down period. By no means is this a high end Chinese Restaurant, you really need to go into Vancouver for that, but for your average very good Chinese meal, I found the New Ruby to be just fine.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I used to go to the New Ruby years ago & remember how much we enjoyed the food so we decided for our Anniversary, we would go again. Huge disappointment..the restaurant itself is exactly the same, decor-wise, the food was atrocious..the lemon chicken looked old & shriveled up, the lemon sauce must have been straight out of a can, tasted full of chemicals. The other dishes were equally as bad, the beef in the chop suey was awful, it must have been the cheapest cut going. The quality & integrity of this establishment has certainly changed, I'm amazed anyone still goes there, save your money!