“No. Just No.”

New Ruby Restaurant
Ranked #144 of 234 Restaurants in Delta
Reviewed February 22, 2016

Having moved from Coquitlam to North Delta, we were on the hunt for our new Chinese restaurant go-to.

This place isn't it, despite its longevity in the area. I really wanted this place to be our next hole-in-the-wall eatery, but it just didn't cut it.

The food is trying too hard to cater to Westernized Chinese cuisine to the extent where it's ridiculous and almost comical.

Standard house fried rice, and "crispy" house style chow mein arrived completely dark brown, an obvious sign of the use of a lot of soy sauce, and with little else aside from the odd bit of veg and meat. (Being Chinese, I've never seen fried rice or chow mein ever looking like that.) Sweet and sour pork was very grissly and greasy.

Never mind the tired decor and tepid service. The food here didn't fool any of us. We haven't been back since.

Reviewed August 27, 2015

Great local eat and has great chineese food take out delivery and eat in. The joint needs a little renovations but other than that great place to go to and eat

Reviewed April 21, 2015

My son started us going to this chinese food spot . The service is good and the food comes out fast. We have ordered the won ton soup and enjoyed the combination specials. A pot of chinese tea is a perfect accompaniment . Will definitely go back . The price is moderate , won't break the bank .

Reviewed November 11, 2014

When you first walk into this place you can get really depressed as it looks like a 70s diner that hasn't been updated in the last 4 decades. The experience turns around when the extremely friendly and attentive waitress comes to take your order and becomes stratospheric when the food is actually served. I was literally licking the plate of dishes such as the Beef with Gai Lan and Lap Cheong. The servings are huge, extremely low priced, and superlative. This very well may be the best Chinese food to be enjoyed outside of Richmond and the Downtown East Side so don't miss it! It's well worth the drive to Delta!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I haven't eaten 'in' this restaurant, but I did have the food from here yesterday, take out...and it was excellent Chinese style. I was there between meals, after lunch and before dinner. The service I did receive, was just fine. The lighting was lower because it was their down period. By no means is this a high end Chinese Restaurant, you really need to go into Vancouver for that, but for your average very good Chinese meal, I found the New Ruby to be just fine.