“Best Chinese food in Surrey delta ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Ruby Restaurant
Ranked #110 of 215 Restaurants in Delta
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is a small sitting restaurant but neat and clean . The lady in the counter she takes order is very humble and nice . I was in Surrey for a week we came with family to eat lunch . I love authentic Chinese food so I asked the lady if she could give me spicy Sichuan style dry pepper and ginger chicken , she immediately called the owner from the kitchen I told him what I needed the owner mr. Wong he was also very humble and kind and told me he could give me what I needed. I tried the Sichuan pepper chicken in many places in Canada but he made exactly the same Sichuan pepper chicken as I ate in China . The food is awesome, good quantity compared to any other restaurants and reasonable prices. We ate food all 7 days there we were very happy with service, quality and quantity of food. Moreover it's real mainland Chinese type food . I give 5 star to this restaurant. Do try the spicy Sichuan crispy chicken with red pepper.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

New Ruby has specials everyday such as Chicken and Prawn hotplate with Vegetables and Rice or Sliced Beef with Green Beans in spicy black bean sauce. Both dishes are less than $12.00. Their menu is extensive and varied and all dishes are reasonably priced. We order one dish per person and always end up bringing food home because the dishes are large portions. The service is quick and courteous and the food is piping hot. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys Cantonese food.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

stopped by for lunch, ordered rice noodles and beef with black bean sauce, excellent dish, single order almost enough for two. Fast friendly service.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Having moved from Coquitlam to North Delta, we were on the hunt for our new Chinese restaurant go-to.

This place isn't it, despite its longevity in the area. I really wanted this place to be our next hole-in-the-wall eatery, but it just didn't cut it.

The food is trying too hard to cater to Westernized Chinese cuisine to the extent where it's ridiculous and almost comical.

Standard house fried rice, and "crispy" house style chow mein arrived completely dark brown, an obvious sign of the use of a lot of soy sauce, and with little else aside from the odd bit of veg and meat. (Being Chinese, I've never seen fried rice or chow mein ever looking like that.) Sweet and sour pork was very grissly and greasy.

Never mind the tired decor and tepid service. The food here didn't fool any of us. We haven't been back since.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Great local eat and has great chineese food take out delivery and eat in. The joint needs a little renovations but other than that great place to go to and eat