“Welcoming and honest”

Sandman Inn Cranbrook
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 3 October 2011

When my wife and I drove into Canada, the Canadian border patrol created a bad taste in our mouth for their scowls, aloofness and officiousness. The scene was way different when we arrived at the Sandman. The staff was welcoming, polite and helpful. The rooms were clean and neat. That evening I put my American currency in a plastic bag and put Canadian cash in my wallet. I thought I put the bag in a pocket of my suitcase. The next week, when we were returning to the US, I looked for the US cash and could not find it. When we crossed the border, I turned on my cell the were multiple messages from the Sandman, saying they had found my cash and where should they send it. I have stayed in many places and lost a few things over the years. This sort of integrity is very rare.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Pixelpanderer
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Your review is greatly appreciated, as we pride ourselves in providing excellence in customer services and strive to exceed guest expectations. On discovering that you had left money behind, the housekeeper who found it, immediately brought the cash to me. I kept it in in safekeeping and as you say in your review, you received multiple messages stating that your money had been found in the room you occupied and to please call us with instructions on how to return it to you. I am glad that things worked out for you and we hope to see you again if you are ever visiting in our area.

Regards
Sandman Inn Cranbrook

Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed at the Sandman for a soccer tournament. The rooms were clean and worked very well for us. It was great to let our teenagers go to the attached Denny's and eat with their team independently. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jenny H
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you for staying with us as part of a soccer group. The convenience of Denny's is a plus. Also, our staff strives to be friendly and helpful. We do appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on another occasion.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

I think I may have been unfortunate enough to get a room that is much less desirable than others. It needed incredible updating, the bedding was old and had a torn blanket, the curtains just felt dirty and dark and the airconditioner was aimed right at the bed. I looked over the dumpster and dirt parking lot behind the hotel and the bathroom, although clean, was incredibly tight and I was there by myself. I was in room 110, avoid it. It was one of those rooms that you remove the bedding and examine it to make sure you aren't sharing it with any unwanted little guests.....I see others on here had better experiences. I travel for business for a living and I am glad I was only here for one night. My typical price range is $100-$140/night for hotels and I like a clean mid range place to stay, age of the property does not bother me but the quality of the bedding and dirty feel does!! This room was $60-$80 at best, especially with no breakfast included.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank travelnut73
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Thank you for your comments. I always appreciate guest comments positive or negative. The negative ones certainly give us an opportunity to improve matters in areas that may be lacking. Although our bedspreads are not of a modern design, they are clean and comfortable. On further investigation, the blanket in you room did have a hole in it and has been promptly replaced. Thanks for the feedback, as it enabled us to correct a situation. When personally inspecting the drapes, I found them to be clean. Thanks for you comments on the clean bathroom. Yes, the bathroom is small and that is why the sink and mirror area are conveniently located in a separate area. My belief in studying our competition's rate is that we are in line with our prices. Unfortunately, the room you had is located beside a large vacant unpaved parking lot. We have plenty of other room that do not contain this view. Again, I appreciate your comments and welcome any traveller who wishes to stay with us, so they can experience our fine property that strives to exceed customer's expectations.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

I stayed at the Sandman in Cranbrook for a dog show in Aug 2011. The hotel is very pet friendlly, without additional add on fees for bringing a pet. In addition, there's a very large grassy walking area right next to the hotel that is perfect for exercising your dog. As far as the rooms, the bathroom is small but does have a full size tub for those that like a real bath. The rooms are smallish average size and the decor is somewhat dated. My room came with a very nice sized fridge with real working freezer compartment and microwave which was a definate plus. Their "senior citizen" rate program begins at age 55!!! and givesa very sizeable discount. Very friendly, attentive and helpful staff.

Room Tip: ask for a fridge and microwave and go for the 55 plus program
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thanks for your review. We are definitely a pet friendly hotel and many of our guests who bring a pet, really like the large grassy area adjacent to our parking lot, as you did. Thanks for promoting our 55 plus program, which does have its benefits. More information can be obtained on-line. We do have larger rooms, which can be requested when making a reservation, so this might be something you want to consider on your next visit. I am happy that you pointed out the friendliness and attentiveness of our staff. They always appreciated such positive feedback. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stayed here for one night on business in June 2011. Check in and out was efficient and friendly. The room was clean and about what you'd expect, though mine was laughably small. Overall a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay. Some people do find that our rooms with one queen bed are too small for them. I would suggest asking for one of our king rooms next time, which are larger in size. Overall, it sounds like you had a good stay and we hope to see you, again.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I was recently traveling with just my 2 young children and myself when my car decided to break down just outside of Cranbrook. As a result, I had to spend 2 nights in town while my car was being fixed. The staff at the Sandman Hotel were very helpful!! I was obviously a little stressed out, but they made it quick and painless to get a room right away. The room was nothing fancy, but was very clean and had everything that we needed. The fact that they had Denny’s onsite was very convenient for our situation. The pool was also an added bonus that the kids really took advantage of!!! All in all, what could have been a very stressfull situation was made much easier by the great service we received at the Cranbrook Sandman. I will definetly stay there again 

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2012

Thanks for your response. I am pleased to know that our staff was able to help make a stressful situation for you more tolerable. Also, I am glad that your children were able to make use of the pool. I hope that you can visit us again.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Well run operation very convenient and clean. Great location and wonderful staff, we had a great stay, everything was as expected.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Thanks for your review and your comments on the management and staff. I am happy that we were able to offer you some of that down home "Texas Hospitality" that you are no doubt used to in your home state. We certainly hope that you can pay us another visit on your next trip up to Canada, more specifically Cranbrook.