“Better than expected for budget hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandman Inn Cranbrook

Sandman Inn Cranbrook
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Better than expected for budget hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband & I stayed one knight while traveling from Idaho to Banff. Gave us a better price than what we saw online. Room was a bit on the small side but for one night it was fine. Clean, great bed, microwave, wifi, mini fridge. Quiet, inside hallway for our room. Only complaint was nearby train engines running in the evening and first thing in the morning. I think the track was right behind our hotel. No horn blowing, just engine noise. Would definitely stay again if in town and highly recommend it. Didn't check out any of the amenities as we were just passing thru.

Room Tip: Get inside hallway room near the front desk.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thanks for your review and for staying with us. I am pleased to hear about the cleanliness and quality of the bed. Also, we do have larger rooms, so I would encourage you to request one on your next visit. Also, asking for a room away from the tracks would be a good idea. We do hope that you will decide to visit us again on your next trip to Cranbrook.

Dan Schellenberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed at the Sandman for 3 nights on a business trip, the manager and staff accommodated me with microwave, fridge, and kitchenette. I work evenings and slept all day, I never woke up to any disturbances or noises. The entire staff (day and night)was so nice and polite. They allowed me use of their fax machine, free Wi-fi. The room, hallways and lobby were very clean and smelled fresh at all times. The hotel has many restaurants within walking distance, and Denny's is located in the hotel and open 24 hours, the staff there was also very nice. The food was great. I would recommend this hotel to everyone, and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank Tinald
Thanks for staying with us and for your review. I am happy to hear that your sleep was not disturbed even though you slept during the day. We like to be aware of our guests who work night shift, so that we can respect their level of comfort. The complimentary Wi-Fi is a plus and we are glad you could make use of our fax machine. Having a 24-hour on site Denny's is definitely a bonus, as well as our proximity to other dining establishments. Hopefully, you will pay us a return visit and thank you for recommending our property.

Beautiful BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Overall an EXCELLENT stay! From reservation, to check-in, to room, to check-out, the experience was exceptional! This property is pet friendly, and the staff are VERY people-friendly! HIGHLY recommended as a clean, quiet, comfortable, and convenient location!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miraclesmom
Thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to tell us what an excellent stay you had at the Sandman Inn Cranbrook -- from start to finish. We take pride in extending service in excellence to our guests and strive to exceed guest expectations. Also, we find that our pet loving guests really appreciate the fact that we are pet friendly. We hope to see you, again.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sandman Hotel in Cranbrook for 3 weeks as he was working nearby. The staff at this hotel were truly amazing. They were incredibly honest, hospitable, friendly and helpful. From helping us get whatever we needed to giving us incredible fishing tips in the surrounding area. I have traveled extensively throughout Canada and the world and have realized that it is one thing to have a roof over your head and a clean bed, but to have the staff like the ones at Sandman in Cranbrook is what truly makes the great memory last. I suggest this hotel to all those who are traveling throughout Cranbrook.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol C
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We definitely endeavour to exceed guest expectations at the Sandman Inn Cranbrook and your positive review has helped validate our efforts. I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay here, as I realize that living in a hotel for three weeks can be a challenge at times. So, thank you once again for your comments and your willingness to recommend us to the traveller.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Sandman after our overnight plans had changed and we needed a place to stay. The staff at Sandman were welcoming, super friendly, helpful and went above and beyond in making our stay a pleasant one. The room was clean and neat, a great deal for the price. We ended our stay with a breakfast at Denny's which is conveniently attached to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul P
Thanks for staying with us and your review outlining that we have a friendly helpful staff. Feed back on our service level is always welcome in any form. Also, our housekeeping staff strive to make the rooms and public areas clean and neat. In addition I am happy that you found our property a great value for the price. Also, having a 24-hour on-site Denny's is a bonus according to many of our guests.

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

When my wife and I drove into Canada, the Canadian border patrol created a bad taste in our mouth for their scowls, aloofness and officiousness. The scene was way different when we arrived at the Sandman. The staff was welcoming, polite and helpful. The rooms were clean and neat. That evening I put my American currency in a plastic bag and put Canadian cash in my wallet. I thought I put the bag in a pocket of my suitcase. The next week, when we were returning to the US, I looked for the US cash and could not find it. When we crossed the border, I turned on my cell the were multiple messages from the Sandman, saying they had found my cash and where should they send it. I have stayed in many places and lost a few things over the years. This sort of integrity is very rare.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Pixelpanderer
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Your review is greatly appreciated, as we pride ourselves in providing excellence in customer services and strive to exceed guest expectations. On discovering that you had left money behind, the housekeeper who found it, immediately brought the cash to me. I kept it in in safekeeping and as you say in your review, you received multiple messages stating that your money had been found in the room you occupied and to please call us with instructions on how to return it to you. I am glad that things worked out for you and we hope to see you again if you are ever visiting in our area.

Regards
Sandman Inn Cranbrook
Windermere, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

We stayed at the Sandman for a soccer tournament. The rooms were clean and worked very well for us. It was great to let our teenagers go to the attached Denny's and eat with their team independently. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank jenny H
Thank you for staying with us as part of a soccer group. The convenience of Denny's is a plus. Also, our staff strives to be friendly and helpful. We do appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on another occasion.