“BEST SUSHI IN CRANBROOK!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Cranbrook, Canada
“BEST SUSHI IN CRANBROOK!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Sushi is my favorite food and I am picky. I have been to Sakura dozens of times and every time I go, it has been consistently excellent. The rice is always cooked to perfection and the service is always quick. A bit pricey though, I would probly go more if the prices were lowered.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank KaraBear66

Fernie, Canada
“Glad we found this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We went here for the second time today and loved every bite we had here. Originally from Vancouver, we've had plenty of good Japanese food and Sakura is the best in the area. If we want Japanese, we drive 1 hour from Fernie to eat here and won't have any other way.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank VHJL
Edson, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised by the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I ate here with my mother, it was her second time eating sushi. She loved her seaweed salad, which was quite good (I tried it). The vegetable roll I had (something about green, I'm sorry I can't remember) was good but wasn't good with the standard soy/wasabi. Luckily, we'd ordered tempura and the vegetable roll went really well with the sweet tempura dip.

I was surprised to have such good sushi available in Cranbrook. They had your standard sushi fare and it was very good- comparable to the sushi at Maki Maki (my standard sushi joint in Edmonton).

The atmosphere was nice, the tables were very private. We sat in a booth by the window which was a cool spot but there was a heater in the window sill. I think Sakura means cherry blossom and the restaurant was painted with them- a nice touch.

One issue: The service wasn't the best. There seemed to be buttons to press for service. We didn't use them but maybe we should have.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cranbrook, Canada
“Expensive but Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I fell in love with their specialty spicy tuna roll 'Hot Night' or Hot Date'...fabulous. I do always feel it is pricey for what you get though. I don't leave feeling I got a great meal for a great price, but am always thrilled with the food itself.

• Visited January 2012
Cranbrook, BC
“Finally, great Japanese food in Cranbrook!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Enjoyed lunch there last week. We've been there may tiimes for dinner as well. Food is excellent; well prepared, amazing flavours, and well-presented. I've been to great Japanese restaurants in places like Vancouver, Toronto, Seattle and SanFran and the food here compares favorably with any of them. Service can be somehwta slow when its busy (and it often is....!), but waiters always friendly

• Visited December 2011