“Best Mexican we have ever eaten”
Review of Tita's - CLOSED

Tita's
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This restaurant was our favourite one in Courtney. The place was packed and the patio was filling up as well. The food was amazing 5 out of 5 for us. Our waitress was really good she was on top of everything. The rhubarb margarita was delicious you have to try one of these. Can't wait to come back here for more great food.

7  Thank Dawn K
There are newer reviews for Tita's

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Friend's and I went to Tita's last night and had a great experience there! We all had margaritas, and fresh oysters on the half shell. Then an entrée. The service was great too! I hadn't been to Tita's in about a year, I had heard that the menu was not as good as it used to be with the new owners. But this visit definitely proved that wrong! Everything was tasty, and the patio is so beautiful, they have done a lot of work to the whole outside area.

Very impressed!

7  Thank ILoveSummerSun
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The last two times I have gone here I have been disapointed. This restaurant used to do a real authentic fresh mexican. It's still fresh and mostly mexican but lost it's authentic edge. It has gone down hill by focusing on a minmalistic healthy food style. Gone was the tasty rice and fresh crumbled cheese topping, the plentiful sauce and full plate. In it's place a small bowl of beans, dry cabbage sprinkled on the corner and some rather tastless green squash (which I had to ask the waitress what it even was). We ordered guacamole to start, added to our complementary chips which was not accompanied by any salsa since we ordered the guacamole. It cost 6 dollars for just a small dish of it, equalvalent in size to a very small advocado. We were also served a small sectional plate of pickle, 3 small sections with a quater sized amount in each, not enough to share.... not even enough for one. The dinner portion all through we ordered a desert. Saddened by the fact that their website listed other items no longer available we ordered flan. It came out in a small ramekin dish (usually turned out onto a plate so the caramel runs over it). It was just enough for one but not good enough to share. We then waited quite a while for our bill until I had to go up and get it. The final touch; It came with a tiny dish with 2 dime sized chunks of a soft fudge. My guest and I are saddened by the new Minimalistic choice in dishes.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is where I bring visiting guests...because it's delicious, fresh, and the service is exceptional. Yup, I love Tita's.....next stop adopting a hispanic aunt so I can eat this well all the time!!! ;)

5  Thank siamoise112
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My family and I went here at the end of July to celebrate a birthday. We were charmed by Tita's! The service was probably in the top 5 of any restaurant experience I have ever had. Our waitress somehow managed to be personable and like one the family as we celebrated, and also thoroughly unobtrusive. This is a hard balance to get right and she was fantastic! The food was just right. I cannot say enough about the homemade condiments and sauces. I wanted to take them home and pour them on ice cream they were so good. Everyone had a different main and there was something for every heat preference. My dad had fish tacos that were mild enough for him. I had a stuffed chile dish that had a nice punch of heat. My sister had a veggie dish and my mother had something fresh and healthy. There are plenty of veggie and even vegan options, and a nice assortment of mexican beers. Can't say enough about this restaurant - fantastic setting too.

5  Thank juliet p