“Good Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This lovely Mexican restaurant lies on 6th street, downtown Courtenay. We found it through a flyer in the hotel and it was worth every penny. Smiling waitress, answered all our questions and everything was possible. Try the several Mexican beers with a plate of Nachos with cheese.

6  Thank svnmsmn
There are newer reviews for Tita's

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very disappointed, looked promising with previous trip advisor reviews. Thought the menu was limited. When we did order the wait was forever despite a very slow night. Our server seemed very distracted, inpatient and cold. There were three in our group, all of our orders were lukewarm or cold, the server made excuses for my cold 12 dollar burrito??? She did agree to stick it in the microwave if I insisted??? My margarita filled half the glass, what was there was pretty good. I don't mind paying good money for a good/great meal, this left us all feeling shortchanged in every department.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We had been to Tita's a year ago and two years ago during the summer. We remember it as being outstanding. I didn't know it had changed owners. Tonight the food was really terrible. The mango margarita was good however. The home made corn chips were were stale and soggy. The fried pork rinds were inedible. I had a Chile Releno which was so tuff I could not cut it with a knife, a tamale side was very sweet but other than that it was tasteless. One of our party had a burrito which was described as "ok", but I noticed was only partially eaten. A pile of shredded cabbage and carrots was on each plate for no edible reason. No dressing just shredded cabbage. The refried beans had been sitting and had a "film" on top. There was some sort of vegetable that might have been some sort of squash but was so under cooked as to be tasteless and tough. The other dishes that our party had, the flauta's were "ok". Unfortunate as it was good, but whoever is doing the cooking now is struggling. The servers were good and the service was good but that won't make up for poor food with no imagination. Sorry but we won't be back. There are a couple of very good restaurants in Courtney. This isn't one of them.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This restaurant was our favourite one in Courtney. The place was packed and the patio was filling up as well. The food was amazing 5 out of 5 for us. Our waitress was really good she was on top of everything. The rhubarb margarita was delicious you have to try one of these. Can't wait to come back here for more great food.

7  Thank Dawn K
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Friend's and I went to Tita's last night and had a great experience there! We all had margaritas, and fresh oysters on the half shell. Then an entrée. The service was great too! I hadn't been to Tita's in about a year, I had heard that the menu was not as good as it used to be with the new owners. But this visit definitely proved that wrong! Everything was tasty, and the patio is so beautiful, they have done a lot of work to the whole outside area.

Very impressed!