We stayed at this hotel for three nights as part of a Mount Washington ski vacation. I will comment first on my overall impression of the hotel, and then on the room itself.
From check-in to check-out, the staff were all very friendly. The hotel is new, and both clean and modern. The layout of the hotel is great, and everything is easily accessible. They offer enough luggage carts so that we didn't have to wait for one even when they were busy.
The breakfast was similar to what we've experienced at other Holiday Inn Express locations, but overall the quality and options seemed better. They offered quite a few options, including eggs prepared differently each day (scrambled, omelettes, etc.). They offered a nice selection of healthier options as well including whole wheat bread/bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. They also had the usual cinnamon buns, cake based muffins, sausages, etc. But there was definitely enough to keep us all happy. They also offer plenty of seating in the main dining area, and have opened up a conference room for overflow as well. It was very busy while we were there, and they managed to keep the food fresh and topped up.
The hotel pool and hot tub were clean, and they offered an indoor waterslide. The whole family enjoyed this, and we used the facility every day after skiing. They also have a small fitness room with some cardio and weight equipment.
We stayed in a room that had a separate bedroom with a king bed and jacuzzi tub. This was a great layout because our kids slept in the living room on the pull-out couch, and still had access to the bathroom. This room offered lots of space.
We appreciated that we could buy our lift passes at the hotel so we didn’t have to stand in line when we got up on the hill. This was very convenient, and we’ll do it again.
My only complaint about our stay, because everything else was excellent, would be the location of our room. Second floor rooms on the front of the hotel, between about 208 and 216 sit behind the large covered awning/entryway. This was a problem for a number of reasons. First, the hotel (like all Holiday Inn Express Hotels) must play music 24/7 to greet people as they arrive. Unfortunately, the sound of this music is reflected directly at the rooms between 208 and 216. The first and second nights we thought there was a nightclub in the area (or rowdy guests in another room), and called down to the front desk. It wasn't until later on the second evening that we finally realized it was the speakers in the drive-up entryway. When we spoke to the front desk, they turned the music down right away and solved that problem. The second issue we had with the covered entryway is that they fly a number of flags off the end of the large awning. When the wind picks up (as it did the first night), the awning amplifies the sound of the flags flapping in the wind, and it sounds like a train clickity-clacking, or a luggage cart being driven back and forth on the brick walkways.
We will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future, and will recommend it to our friends, but we will ask for either a room at the back of the hotel, of if we must be at the front, then a room on the third or fourth floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley! Our friendly service oriented staff are dedicated to providing you with a memorable experience that will leave a lasting impression. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Comox Valley is the newest property in the Courtenay/ Comox area with the Comox Valley's only in-hotel waterslide. Our convenient location is ideal for corporate guests. Inquire about holding your next meeting in our lovely Seaview Boardroom, or prepare for that next big presentation in our 24 hour business center where we welcome you to take advantage of the self serve complimentary fax and photocopy services. Naturally we offer complimentary high-speed wireless internet access in all of our guestrooms and throughout the entire hotel. Leisure guests and families love our amenities! Stay Smart with our free hot breakfast buffet, focus on fitness in our 24 hour fitness center, or make a splash in our family oriented indoor pool with waterslide and spacious hot tub. All of our beautifully appointed guestrooms feature HD TV on 32" multi-media televisions, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, and hairdryer with the majority of our guestrooms featuring stellar mountain or ocean views. We invite you to keep cool and get out of the summer heat in our air conditioned guestrooms, or curl up under our warm and cozy deluxe comfort bedding collection on a blustery winter’s day. Whatever the season, The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Comox Valley has your comfort in mind!The Comox Valley is nestled in the scenic splendor of Forbidden Plateau and the Comox Glacier. Visitors to the Comox Valley often enjoy hitting the slopes for an exhilarating ski or snowboard adventure on Mount Washington, kayaking in the Straights of Georgia, or hiking in the vast pristine wilderness that surrounds us.So, for your next trip to Vancouver Island let us welcome you to the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley in the heart of British Columbia's "Adventure Playground." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Courtenay Comox Valley Sw
- Holiday Inn Express Courtenay
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW Vancouver Island