“Crown Isle,Silverado Steak House” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Villas at Crown Isle Resort

The Villas at Crown Isle Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Courtenay, Canada
“Crown Isle,Silverado Steak House”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

My wife and I visited the Restaurant on Thanksgiving Day,They removed their daily menu,so the only option was a Turkey dinner,which was fair to good,depending if you liked turkey or not,I was greatly disappointed in when receiving the bill,i paid with a $100.00 gift voucher,when i received the balance of the gift voucher,i was short $10.04,On the way out,i asked our waiter,what happened?he stated he took that amount as his gratuity,I told him,i did not appreciate that.I emailed Crown Isle twice,have not had a satisfactory answer from the management yet.WE will not be returning to Crown Isle,Check your bill

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CrownIsle, Director of Sales at The Villas at Crown Isle Resort, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Dear Mr and Mrs comoxtravellwer ,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your expierence with the Silverado West Coast Grill for your Thanksgiving Day dinner. For special occassions we have and do remove the daily menu, and create a Unique Menu to showcase the season or holiday. We will review the comments from the holiday season to see if in the future we should introduce a limited menu with some of our most popular dishes.

We do apologize for the waiter taking his gratuity from the change that was due to you - it is not our policy for this to happen. We have posted a kindly reminder with our policy to all our food and beverage staff so that this should not happen again.

I apologize on behalf the hotel for not responding to any of your emails or requests - and I apologize for being tardy in my response to your experience. I do understand that at time of writing this that we have spoken directly with you and the matter has been handled.

We strive for a high quality of service in all areas of Crown Isle Resort and I hope that you will change your mind and give us another chance to WOW you with our Resort.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

You don’t have to be a golfer to appreciate the fine accommodations at Crown Isle Resort. In September 2010 most of the FORTified dragonboat team stayed here during the BC Senior Games. For us, having a two bedroom, one bathroom suite allowed for space to gather and nighttime privacy. The bedrooms are small giving more space for livingroom and small kitchenette (microwave, fridge, sink, kettle, dishes, cutlery). The bathroom offered both a deep tub and a shower. There is also a pull out sofa should your needs require. The spacious balcony look out onto the golf course and we appreciated the quiet sea-mist mornings. We ate at the Timber Room Pub and found the food delicious, well priced and the service friendly and considerate. All in all it was a quite perfect stay and there is no hesitation in recommending. (Oh, both our women’s and mixed teams won gold!)

Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

Right from our check-in to our check-out, everything exceeded our expectations. The service was outstanding, the accomodations were beautiful and the golf was wonderful. We really liked the star-light ceiling above the jacuzzi in the master bedroom. The staff was wonderful in every area. We really appreciated the pace of the golf course. We never felt rushed or delayed. We'll be back!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Camrose, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

We were in the area for a wedding in early July. The villa was large and clean. The sofa bed folded up on my mother in the night and so the hotel gave her a cot for the remaining 2 nights. It was very uncomfortable and we were not offered any other option. The tap in the kitchen leaked when turned on. There is no air conditioning. Smoking was permitted on the balconies and because of the heat we had all the windows open and therefor all the cigarette smoke came into our room. I called the front desk and they said that smoking was not permitted but i noticed that all the balconies had ashtrays. This puzzled me. For the above reason I would be extremely cautious about staying here again as I am a non-smoker and was really turned off by cigarette smoke drifting into my bedroom from 7 am until late into the night each day. The food was really good and I would definately dine here again. I might possibly stay during the winter as the windows and air conditioning would not be a factor but only as a last resort.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
campbell river, bc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

We have stayed at Crown Isle on several occasions and have reccommended the resort to friends from the mainland, and they have not been disappointed.
The resort offers a unique room style that is a perfect fit for us. The front desk were terrific, " thank you Natasha", even calling to ask if everything was in order shortly after checking in.
We will continue to frequent this excellent resort every anniversary and in between too!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

Wish I could have stayed longer! Staff was so nice, and even Jamie, one of the office staff helped carry my bags so I could wheel in my wife's wheel chair. for the same price I was paying at the holiday Inn I had a beautiful room and we were treated like royalty!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CrownResort, IT at The Villas at Crown Isle Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
courtenay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2009

My husband and I had stayed in the villas several times and loved the rooms and the amenities,so of course when our daughter and her partner wanted to visit the island we insisted on Crown Isle. My daughter is hearing impaired. They rented a comedy movie fromthe clubhouse and were watching it at 11:00 pm when security came and asked that they turn the volume down which they did. By midnight the tv was off. Long story short, they were charged an extra $200.00 for that night to pay for the neighbour who complained and when I went in to speak to the person in charge, she was rude, patronizing, and even suggested we were lying about any hearing problem. We are in our sixties and usually go to sleep by 10:00. If you don't, think twice about staying here.

Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Anncourtenay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
3.8 km away
4.4 km away
Travelodge Courtenay BC
Travelodge Courtenay BC
#6 of 9 in Courtenay

Been to The Villas at Crown Isle Resort? Share your experiences!