See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 14, 2014

we spent summer vacation (one month) at the river height motel and enjoyed very much
to stay at this motel because all staffs are very friendly, cozy, convenient for everything
such as river side walking, shopping etc. therefore we highly recommend this motel for
some one who want to spend your summer vacation without spending big money.

Room Tip: ask with motel manager mrs jessica who gives you best room for your need.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2014

It is everything you would expect out of a very cheap motel.
Most people staying there are workers so be prepared to be woken up at 5:00AM....
When we first arrived our window wouldn't lock...there was a stick in the window to keep it locked.
The stick was too short, so we waited while he quickly "sawed" us another.
Very friendly people who run the place and the location was good.
All in all, very run down rooms, loud - you could hear your neighbour shower and walking around.

I gave it a better review then I think it deserves, only because of the price.

Room Tip: They are all the same..
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2014

we spent 3 nights at this motel while visiting in the area.The motel was very clean and had everything we needed,it was in the centre of town,close to everything but was very quiet! The owners were very nice and we got the room for a great rate!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We came to Courtenay for a family gathering. We booked a fortnight in advance and weren't asked if we wanted non or smoking rooms. Because of this, we got stuck with a smoking room. We got $30 off the room. The room reeked of stale smoke. Interesting because the door had a No Smoking sign on it. The property was clean & pretty with flowers but the age of the motel is obvious.

The room was relatively clean. We were in #11. This was 1 of the 3 rooms facing the highway. It was hot and couldn't leave these windows open at night due to the noise. There was a little kitchen with a bar sized fridge, sink, dishes and microwave. The double-bed bedroom had an ensuite. The shower had a decent pressure. Bathroom was barely stocked so if you are staying a few days, I'd suggest bringing your own products.

My mother-in-law stayed with her sister in a 2-bedroom suite. This was a non-smoking room that faced the parking lot. The kitchen was bigger than ours with a stove. The livingroom was the 1st bedroom. So if you want to have guests come in, they'll have to sit on the bed. I didn't see the 2nd bedroom but the bed was reportedly too soft.

Pros: staff are friendly, free wifi, TV with some cable channels, microwave+dishes, coffee+coffee maker, within walking distance of fast food & a gas station, parking lot

Cons: No pool, no hair dryer, A/C is not available in all rooms, extra blankets and pillows were not available in the rooms

Conclusion: the room served the purpose but I likely would not stay here again. We were displeased that we were not asked about smoking vs. non; and thus were stuck with a smoking room. If they had given us a choice when booking, I would have given them an extra star.

Room Tip: 1. At booking, ask about non-and-smoking rooms, A/C and availability of extra pillows/blankets 2. Book a room that doesn't face the highway (facing parking lot is best but natural light is probably limited) 3. Bring your own toiletries including hair tools if staying a few days
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vanc0uverght
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We had checked in and were smoking outside some distance from the room and apparently according to the female at the desk we were smoking inside the room. You could tell right away that they were only interested in not returning my 50 dollar deposit and were looking for any flimsy reason they could find to not return it. My wife and myself argued with her for some time and only when I threatened to phone the RCMP did she reluctantly return my money. We will never stay here again after being treated like that !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends