“Great Value!”

River Heights Motel
Ranked #12 of 15 Courtenay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We were very happy to find affordable accommodations. It was a busy place, with no vacancy. It reminded me of a hotel my parents would have taken me to as a child. Nothing like a chain hotel but it was clean, and the owners are nice.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for River Heights Motel

Reviewed 12 April 2016

The desk staff was very helpful. The motel is off a busy street but it calms down at night so there is no inference with a nights sleep. The rooms were clean and staff came by daily to check if anything was needed. The bed was comfortable. Over all It was a very good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I have been travelling a lot and this location is probably one of the best in terms of money and location. You have similar hotel along the the way. The bed is very comfortable and the suite gives you some space. Those unit are designed for a sleep, don't expect the holiday inn suite with the couch and everything. They have a table to work on and a t.v. for your entertainment. They have a nice kitchen so you can cook in your room.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank 442joseph
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Courtenay, in my opinion is worth avoiding. It has a highway running through it and not much to recommend it. This motel was at best, average. Bathroom was OK. Bedroom had its fair share of nylon. Our room had a microwave and small fridge. But its location isn't great. Not their fault...

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Older look on the outside, but very nice on the inside.Updated; fridge and microwave in each unit, and some kitchens.We had 2 units because my son and his wife were with us, and both rooms were clean and comfortable.I loved the laminate floors, because I always wonder what's been spilled on carpeted motel floors, and how often they are cleaned.This floor was spotless.Slept like a log in the comfy bed, with nice big pillows.No breakfast, but you're surrounded by places to eat.Staff were very helpful, and friendly.We had booked for 2 nights, and I had requested ground floor because I need a cane.We not only got ground level, but we were also side by side.We had so much fun visiting relatives that we decided to stay a third night, and with some juggling, the staff were able to let us stay in the rooms we already had.I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2015

Clean enough. Linens washed without softener with is a HUGE plus, imo, as the towels are more absorbent. Staff seemed attentive, friendly and available during my three day stay February 2015. Of the three days I was there I wanted housekeeping to do a thorough in-house guest tidy - it was done during the eight hours I was departed.

EXHAUST fans, no such thing. I couldn't imagine staying there in during the heat of the Summer as there were no screens in place nor air conditioning with no escape from the road noise.

PLUS side, it's far enough away from the metal bridge so THAT noise doesn't THRUM through the building and once it's past 8pm Courtenay is, generally, quiet

BRING shampoo and body wash as the little packages may be efficient and cost effective; however, they make for not enough if there are two people wanting to shower twice OR more a day.

I found the upper walkway to be.. a tad soft to walk on in places. Perhaps time to rebuild them. I wish I had stated up-front that you would like staff to remove or swap out ALL the cigarette butt containers on the property as they STINK. In three days I saw no one smoking on any part of the property.

Renovations, imo, done on a limited budget with little skill. Drywall finishing was nasty [painting before properly sanding doesn't appear professional at all nor did the tiling job in the bathroom] as was the choice to habitant humanity toilet, sink and tub.

Room Tip: on your own or a couple ask for #19 as the employee/laundry room is below - LIGHT from both sides of...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2014

we spent summer vacation (one month) at the river height motel and enjoyed very much
to stay at this motel because all staffs are very friendly, cozy, convenient for everything
such as river side walking, shopping etc. therefore we highly recommend this motel for
some one who want to spend your summer vacation without spending big money.

Room Tip: ask with motel manager mrs jessica who gives you best room for your need.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
0.2 km away
0.6 km away
Comox Valley Inn
Comox Valley Inn
#8 of 9 in Courtenay

Been to River Heights Motel? Share your experiences!