“Good basic motel”

River Heights Motel
Ranked #12 of 15 Courtenay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2017

For price, exceeded expectations. Clean and comfortable but the bathroom exhaust fan connected to the light was quite noisy if effective. Looked as if the room had been renovated. Wifi and TV were good. Located on busy 4 lane main road but quiet at night.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BabyboomerCalgary

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Booked it online, as other posters have mentioned it is a good value and while the owners/management attempts to keep it updated just a simple look at the bathrooms shows it's age. I would be quite hesitant to recommend the motel to anyone. Its only my opinion of course but I dont like staying in motels with wood flooring. It seems like a cheap overhaul of the room was done.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank frozen998
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We were very happy to find affordable accommodations. It was a busy place, with no vacancy. It reminded me of a hotel my parents would have taken me to as a child. Nothing like a chain hotel but it was clean, and the owners are nice.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2016

The desk staff was very helpful. The motel is off a busy street but it calms down at night so there is no inference with a nights sleep. The rooms were clean and staff came by daily to check if anything was needed. The bed was comfortable. Over all It was a very good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2015

I have been travelling a lot and this location is probably one of the best in terms of money and location. You have similar hotel along the the way. The bed is very comfortable and the suite gives you some space. Those unit are designed for a sleep, don't expect the holiday inn suite with the couch and everything. They have a table to work on and a t.v. for your entertainment. They have a nice kitchen so you can cook in your room.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank 442joseph
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Courtenay, in my opinion is worth avoiding. It has a highway running through it and not much to recommend it. This motel was at best, average. Bathroom was OK. Bedroom had its fair share of nylon. Our room had a microwave and small fridge. But its location isn't great. Not their fault...

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Older look on the outside, but very nice on the inside.Updated; fridge and microwave in each unit, and some kitchens.We had 2 units because my son and his wife were with us, and both rooms were clean and comfortable.I loved the laminate floors, because I always wonder what's been spilled on carpeted motel floors, and how often they are cleaned.This floor was spotless.Slept like a log in the comfy bed, with nice big pillows.No breakfast, but you're surrounded by places to eat.Staff were very helpful, and friendly.We had booked for 2 nights, and I had requested ground floor because I need a cane.We not only got ground level, but we were also side by side.We had so much fun visiting relatives that we decided to stay a third night, and with some juggling, the staff were able to let us stay in the rooms we already had.I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family