Vio.com
bmccull
Vancouver Island, Canada

Good choice

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 22, 2023
The motel is located near downtown and the main intersection. It was clean with lots of parking. The breakfast had some good choices. I will stay there again. There is some space for oversize vehicles.
Date of stay: May 2023
Get rewarded with One Key
  • Vio.com
0.8 km from Super 8 by Wyndham Courtenay
View more hotels in Courtenay
All reviews queen bed room clean and comfortable rooms value for the money convenient location bar fridge short stay a great place to stay free breakfast motel kitchenette cumberland
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2023

Hotel was very quiet and comfortable. Bed was comfy but pillows were too big. If you sleep with a thin pillow, you best bring your own! Freezer in the bar fridge needed a good defrosting as we could hardly fit anything in it due to ice build up.

Date of stay: May 2023
Reviewed April 27, 2023

I needed a motel room for a few days until my apartment was ready. I had prepaid on booking- when I arrived, I was told that the owner would not rent to locals. Despite having already paid, they were going to cancel my reservation. I had to use an old driver's license from Vancouver (and essentially lie about my address) to keep the reservation. When I got in the room, it was immediately apparent the Motel had several Prostitutes operating there, because there were "Johns" coming and going all hours of the night. Disgraceful service.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2023

I had a week before my apartment in Courtenay was ready. I prepaid for the room on Booking- when I arrived, the desk clerk told me the Owner's policy was not to rent to locals. I had to use an old driver's licence to keep the booking (despite already having paid). There was high traffic with prostitutes at this location, people knocking at all hours of the night in adjacent, overhead rooms. No daily maid service. I'd never go back

Room tip: The rooms are basic (which was fine), but the desk service is terrible, rude and ridiculous policies.
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2023 via mobile

The room was dungeony. We booked a Queen room and got a double. No extra pillows and the ones in the bed were hard as a rock. Glad we only stayed for one night, no way we could have done 2. Would suggest attention to details in the room. Bathroom shower and walls could have used a better clean.

Room tip: Confirm bed size.. Queen room is barely even a double. Bring your own pillows as theirs are very hard
Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2023

Rooms are very modern, spacious, and clean! Nice spread and choices for the free breakfast! We loved staying here. The location is very convenient also. We will definitely stay again!! We also found it nice and quiet. Can’t wait to stay again!

Date of stay: February 2023