“Best Restaurant in the Kootenay's!”
Review of The Nineteenth

The Nineteenth
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Castlegar
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Description: The Castlegar Golf Club, nestled in the majestic Selkirk mountains, provides a spectacular setting for a game of golf, a great meal and beverage or a social gathering. Open to the public. Will be re-opened in April 2017 by local restauranteur Florio Vassilakakis and his wife Rebecca with a fresh menu, name and look. We look forward to seeing you this coming season. Reservations for larger groups recommended.
Reviewed April 20, 2017

I can't stop raving to everyone about how amazing the food is here! Went for a family dinner and tried multiple things on the menu. Everyone absolutely loved everything. Crab cakes, wings, steak and lobster, and the poutine were phenomenal. The quality of food combined with the prices is an amazing value. The service by Kayla was professional and helpful, really refreshing to have such quality service around here. Will be back... probably every week.

1  Thank Wanderingfoodie23

Reviewed April 16, 2017

Everything I've tried so far is delicious, the warm potato salad was perfect and the mini corn dogs are devilishly addicting! I love that they have a selection of decent wines by the glass here. Service was prompt and professional. Can't wait to go back and try the warm pretzel with melty cheezy dip I saw...and everything else!

2  Thank Robberin
Reviewed April 13, 2017

Excellent food & great atmosphere!!! I recommend everything on the menu! Staff is friendly and service was 1st rate!

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

An unexpected yet very pleasant surprise. Was in the area for a couple of days and stopped in Castlegar to see some friends. They proposed dinner at the "new place", which turned out to be a revamped, spruced up version of the golf course restaurant. Clearly under new management as the last time I was there was less than memorable. It was quite cool so we stayed indoors but they have a really nice outside deck area. Must come back on a summer afternoon.

It I'm a chicken wing addict so we started with those. The Greek lemon ones were awesome! One of my friends tried the chicken and Brie burger and the other had the ribs. Their meals looked great and they said the food was delish. Since I never BBQ at home, I went for the steak with the blue cheese butter and it was amazing. It was perfectly cooked and very tender. Almost didn't need the knife! Not a beer drinker but they had quite a nice selection. I broke down and ordered the warmed mini donuts to accompany my coffee. Yumm! Mmmmelted in my mouth.

Everything we ate was every bit as good as Vancouver, possibly better. This place is topping my list for a detour on my way to Nelson.

3  Thank Gufica2015
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Heard some very nice reports on the nineteenth hole. The food was excellent and the presentation was first class. We will be back.

1  Thank MarcConacher