All reviewsliquor storewafflesblack roosterrestaurant next doorcontinental breakfastroom was cleanstay there againhard boiled eggspool and water slidegreat place to stayhot tubbusiness tripone night stayair conditionerthemesafewaycereal
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Written by a frequent (weekly) business traveler...

Pros:
- Good service.
- In-room 42" Panasonic LCD TV (but no HD channels).
- Great waterslide and fountain pool.
- Comfortable, relatively new beds.
- Carpet, tub, curved shower bar, tap, hair dryer relatively new.
- 6 theme rooms (medieval, underwater, Coca Cola, comicbook, etc.) available.
- Continental breakfast included.
- Fast food (and some sit-down) restaurants as well as Safeway within blocks of walking/driving.

Cons:
- Lamps, walls, dresser, table, fridge, microwave, open closet, bathroom showing age.
- Dim while in bath/shower.
- Rattling bathroom fan, peeling paint, lost grout, and wall cracks suggest maintenance is required.
- Only one accessible wall outlet to plug anything in.
- Round table is located away from the only electrical outlet.
- Wireless Internet is unsecured and constantly unstable - for work, pleasure, or Facetime.
- No gym / fitness centre.

It's not that the motel is bad, it's that other motels/low-start hotels keep raising the bar. This hotel is better suited for those staying for pleasure; not suitable for business (where Internet, access to a desk and electrical outlets is required).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Canada_Turtle
SUPER8VAL, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Castlegar BC, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

MAY 8, 2012.

I would like to thank you for your comments on trip advisor. I apologize that your stay was anything but the very best. We would love to have an opportunity to show you some of our corporate rooms which do have a work station for business travellers, our rooms have been freshly painted with the remaining few rooms being done as I am writing this response.

All of our corporate rooms have hard wired rooms for security as do many of our other rooms. These rooms are also equipped with outlets near the desk or on the lamp for easier access for the guests. We have just completed the rooms with new beds, new bedding and drapes, new paint and new TV's. We are anticipating new furniture within the next year or so. We do try to budget yearly for upgrades. Guests responses are the best way to let us know what is required the mose so your feedback is extremely important to me in making that decision.

I look forward to another opportunity to have you stay with us and try one of our corpoarate rooms.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stopped in Castlegar on a long road trip to Alberta, saw a highway sign advertising the Super 8 and decided to give it a try. The staff were friendly, but my kids still talk about the inside waterslide and pool. It was one of the highlights of our vacation. The room was fine, clean and bright and overlooked the pool area. The continental breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tiredandweary01

Dear tired and weary:

I would like to personally thank you for your kind comments on the tripadvisor site. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your family enjoyed the waterslide/pool as well as the super start breakfast. I am always happy when I know that guests have left our hotel and have really enjoyed their stay with us.

Hopefully, we will see you return one day.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very comfortable and welcoming for families and hockey teams.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear BC Hockeymana:

I would like to thank you for your kind remarks on tripadvisor. I ham glad to know your family and team enjoyed their stay at the Super 8 in Castlegar. I do hope you had an opportunity to view the childrens theme rooms in the pool area and a chance to enjoy the pool and waterslide.

Once again, I thank you for your dind words.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Pretty basic breakfast, waffle makers and toast dry cereal etc... Very friendly staff rooms were clean beds were good for the value. CAA cards get a discount. nice updated big screen tvs. Rooster restaurant in same building is pretty good

Room Tip: they also have theme rooms suites for families, harry potter, etc...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear jccbm:

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Super 8 in Castlegar. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and the new tv's. I do hope you had an opportunity to enjoy the waterslide and pool area and check out our children's theme rooms as well.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

It has been a while since we have stayed in a Super 8. The one in Castlegar was a very pleasant surprise and we would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others staying in Castlegar. The rooms were clean and very well maintained. The staff was friendly. The room included breakfast and Internet. You had the feeling that the owners or operators of this motel cared about their property. An added bonus is that there is a Safeway next door and a great pub. Well done. We were attending a company Christmas party.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear DAB_LMB

Thak you for your kind words on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with the Super 8 in Castlegar while attending a company Christmas Party. We appreciate feedback such as yours to encourage the staff to keep up their hard work.

Hopefully, we will see you pass through this way again. Have a wonderful day.