“Lovely owners, everything I needed”
Review of Flamingo Motel

Flamingo Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Castlegar
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I was stuck in Castlegar for the night and needed a place to spend the night. I found this place on line and was super happy with my decision. The place is cute and clean and has everything anyone could want. And the owners were sweet hearts, very accommodating and going above and beyond to help me out.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for your time! we appreciated your review! It's our pleasure to help the people in need.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Room was very clean and in good condition. Room 5 was a 1-bedroom apt with a well-stocked kitchenette and living space. Two TV's. Quiet. Great little motel. A/C was in bedroom so living space was a little warm. Clean but small bathroom.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
flamingocastlegar, Owner at Flamingo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Reviewed 20 June 2017

My wife and I recently stayed at the Flamingo during a trip to Vancouver from Sask. We didn't make any reservations and just decided to stay wherever on the trip. The afternoon we arrived Castlegar there were very few motels/hotels with availability for some reason, so we stopped in at the Flamingo and they had one room left. We checked it out and the rate was $85 a night. The room was very very clean and quite comfortable. It is a small motel with only 6 rooms I believe, and we had a great night's sleep here. I would really recommend this motel if you are looking for some old motel charm and a great nightly rate.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I checked into this hotel the owner was very friendly and helpful providing me with a good place to eat and fun things to do for the day she showed me right to my room the room was clean quiet and very spacious it reminded me of having my own little apartment for the night I would recommend this to friends family or anyone looking to get away and relax thank you to the flamingo motel for the clean comfortable quiet room

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Across the street from THE BRAND NEW AND AMAZING CASTLEGAR KIA, is a gem of a hotel. 6 rooms, beautiful yard, amazing owners and great price points. YOu can go up the road to a Sandman or Super 8 but if a Motel is your Forte, then this is a must stay.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank travellingCanadiens

Reviewed 1 October 2016

This was a small motel, only six units. The room seemed to be aged but we surmised that the owners are currently working on it and have made improvements, such as the shower stall seemed to have been recently replaced and the bathroom fixtures and kitchen taps were new. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. I don't recall any exterior noise invading our space.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda F
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Naomi and Jeffrey were great hosts and went over and above in providing service. We were on a motorcycle weekend and stayed there two nights. The 2 bed room we had was roomy and had nice wood floors and was excellent $$ value. Beds were comfortable and room inside was quiet even though the motel is located on a noisy street. Very friendly and accommodating to motorcyclists. I recommend this motel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castlegar
22.8 km away
0.4 km away
Super 8 Castlegar BC
Super 8 Castlegar BC
#1 of 8 in Castlegar

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!