Chameleon Hotel
US$85
US$124
Flamingo Motel(Castlegar)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslarge roomother hotelsfront deskvancouvertowelsmark
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

The staff here are great. They are friendly, helpful and make you feel like home. The room we stayed in was recently renovated and felt cozy. The restaurant in the hotel has a very good spaetzle that you should try.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marko M
Marina K, Owner at Chameleon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2017

Thank you very much . have a great day

Reviewed August 24, 2016

I don't really know what to say about this hotel The new owners are new and apparently bought this run down hotel in the hopes of bringing it back to its glory. We were there on a Sunday which let us park in front of the hotel. Otherwise we would of had to park on the street. The area the hotel is located kind of gave us the creeps. The owners are very nice and the room was redone and clean. But we had to walk up (no elevator) to the room in a very creaky stairway and hallway. I don't know if I feel comfortable of the area to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roadseniors
Hartmut K, Manager at Chameleon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

You people have decide to yourselves what you want. I showed you the room, you walked on the stairs and you have to make a decision.
If you have a high demand and a low budget, that is not my problem and don't put your bad mood on me.

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

I am totally unsatisfied with the owners, I had made a booking, and when I got there they turned me away saying they didn't have it anymore. They were not willing to help me with accommodations, they blamed everything on me.
I didn't even get to see the inside, and I will not ever go back, it was the worst experience I have had with a place to stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Sammie H
Hartmut K, Owner at Chameleon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Dear Sammie.
We would appreciate very much if you don't come back. We don't welcome rude people in our place.
You provide booking. com with false information and false credit card. And here you are lying again. I called to Flamigo motel and reserved the room for you. I don't know if you got there but I can call and find out.
You should stop cheating around and you will be surprised how nice the world can be to you.
Have a nice day

Reviewed August 2, 2016

We try to stay here everything we come to Castlegar. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. They have done such a good job renovating it. Owners are always friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you Cindy.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

We booked the room online,and when we pulled up it looked a bit run down and old. I still wanted to go in and see...glad we did,the owner is from Germany and my mother speaks German as well...so they hit it off...very friendly man,he even serves authentic German food in his restaurant. The place is very outdated and old,but the room he gave us was huge and under $100 for 2 big beds. I am not going to lie the room is very CLEAN and by clean I mean we can eat off the floors in the room! NO DUST anywhere! If your not fussy on looks but nice a clean room...this is for you..I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Its was such a pleasure to meet you Sandy.
Have a wonderful day