“Good late night food”

Hi-Lite Restaurant Ltd
Ranked #27 of 52 Restaurants in Castlegar
Cuisines: American, Chinese
Reviewed June 30, 2018

I've only ever ordered the sweet and sour chicken balls or the chow mein here. But the #12 special always hits the spot. I'm definitely going to have to order this again before Jim closes up next month!

Reviewed July 13, 2017

Jim and his wife are the two most wonderful people I have ever known in my entire life. They make and serve the best Chinese Food in Castlegar and I wish that they will always stay open and never sell. Although the furniture is run down it still brings back the wonderful memories of when I was a teenager in high school and used to go there pretty much every lunch hour! It still has it's original little mini jukeboxes at each booth and for the most part they still work. When you order a meal for 2 people you end up receiving a meal that can feed up to 5 to 6 people for a really fantastic price and the best food around. I recommend everyone to eat here and get a blast from the past in it's original state every since Jim's father started up the business. Thank you Jim and Amey for the best food in the world and being the kindest and most loving couple I know. I will cry the day you actually sell the place and close down permanently! You two are the best!

1  Thank Marlene H
Reviewed June 24, 2017

Visiting from Langley. Our son and girlfriend brought us here from Rossland and wow...Delicious and fresh food, quick friendly service, large portions. Best Chinese in years.
Yes the décor is dated...but who eats that. Had spring rolls made fresh that day in house and the were excellent. Will definitely be back.
I selfishly wish this gem was in Langley.

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Holy man, this place could use some serious love. It looks like a 50's diner... that hasn't been updated since the early 50's. The green walls are missing paint chips that have been filled with different shades of paint over the years, and I think I counted at least 4 different floor tiles throughout the restaurant. We got the chicken chow mien, and the food actually wasn't bad at all. I just worry what the kitchen looks like judging from the lack of effort on their entire store-front. Eat at your own risk I guess!

Reviewed November 14, 2016

The other reviews pretty much sum this place up. You should be adventurous or maybe you want to remember the small town chinese restaurant you went to back in the day. The food is better than the place looks, but the ginger beef was sub standard and the menu is over priced, although you do get huge portions; at least with take out. I can't speak to eat in portion size.