“Great Thai food ”

The Grand Buddha Bistro
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Castlegar
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat. And great value. The restaurant is impeccable clean and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

There was no warmth or any kind of atmosphere to this restaurant. It was like walking into a cafeteria. I ordered the chicken wings and my friend ordered one of the soups.

They were ok but nothing to write home about.

Apparently it was called the Buddha because they serve Thai food. Not impressed with name or restaurant. Didn't realize that chicken wings are Thai food!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

This has been my favourite restaurant in Castlegar ever since it opened...until today. My Shrimp Pad Thai was dry and had very little flavour. It was obviously not “cooked to order”. The fried egg on the side was cold. There were some cucumber sticks and a pile of lettuce on top. No peanuts, no extra sauce.
There were several other tables of customers who all received their food long before we did.
I did not tell our server because our lovely friend was treating my spouse and me to a special meal.
Is this restaurant under new management? Has it been sold? Something is wrong!

Reviewed May 2, 2018

We've had the pleasure of dinning here many time. Enjoyed a variety of dishes. Fresh, flavorful, well priced. Go for the food and stay for the cocktails. Danny mixes some amazing drinks - try the Elder-flower Sour or the Coconut Kiss!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I hope that this restaurant is all over Canada. Very affordable prices and the food is amazing!!! The portion is big as well :) VERY MUCH RECOMMENDED!!