Open today: 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
A memorable day

We spent a wonderful day fishing with Chris. He is a knowledgeable, experienced guide who works... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2022
Ellen B
via mobile
Great experience with a great guide

Truly a wonderful experience! When you’re spending a day on a boat with someone, you hope they’re... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2022
jocelynt685

All reviews fishing experience sea lions and birds clean boat salmon great guy knowledgeable guide great guide excellent fishing beautiful boat non stop action caught lots of fish a lot of fun ling cod bucket list hour trip whale watching chris
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing day on the water. Chris was punctual and prepared for a day of fishing. He had checked weather, wind and current patterns for the day which provided optimal conditions. The boat was clean and comfortable. Chris is a knowledgeable and hardworking guide. We landed 6-7 chinooks and several coho’s. When the fish aren’t biting Chris is a wealth of knowledge about the area, politics etc. As an added bonus we got in a little whale watching when a humpback decided to stroke through. If I’m ever in the area again I’ll be giving Chris a call.

1  Thank robertsP5404NY
Reviewed August 29, 2019

Chris is the MAN. He's clearly a master fisherman and we limited out with some really great Chinook as he gave us all the responsibility we could take on (as somewhat, but not terribly experienced) but no more. The boat is also more comfortable and suitable for a day on the water than many of the others we saw. We'll definitely be back, I'm confident he's one of the premier guides in the area.

1  Thank jasonkingshott
Reviewed August 20, 2019

What a blast. Captain was super knowledgable about fishing, and we caught 4 big chinooks, which meant we hit our limit. Really enjoyed chatting with him, and it was clear he was focused on making sure the group had a good time. Boat was perfect for a group, lots of space to spread out and a good mix of inside and outside space. I've done several fishing charters in the past, and this was by far the best.

1  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed August 16, 2019

I’ve fished on the inside and outside of Vancouver Island for several years, and the trip this year with Outsider Charters was the best experience yet. The boat was spacious and comfortable, with plenty of room for myself, my wife, and our three young children. Our guide Chris was patient, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to be around. He made sure we enjoyed ourselves, and we all caught our limit both days we went out. Can’t say enough about this experience — I’m going to arrange another trip with some friends later this year. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank sigdelb
Reviewed July 24, 2019

What a fun day! It was my first time fishing, and Chris patiently talked me through the process of reeling in a beautiful spring salmon - a keeper. The boat is well-equipped and comfortable, and Chris is knowledgeable and it's obvious he loves what he's doing. Another highlight was that we saw a humpback whale. A perfect day out on the Salish Sea.

Date of experience: July 2019