All reviews make your own underground parking murphy bed in the living room green onions shampoo and conditioner cook your own micro wave fresh eggs basic hotel nice stay lots of parking great view of the water ocean view would stay again hot breakfast good size balcony
Reviewed July 12, 2018

our room was hot, poor parking, when we came back in the evening the gate for underground parking was closed. I checked there was still room for us to park there. I asked about this in the morning and was told that they always close the gate at 9:00 PM but they forgot to mention this when we checked in. The breakfast pretty good but we had to cook our eggs ourselves. No pool I think this hotel is overpriced. We stayed at the Anchor Inn and Suites across the hwy 2 days earlier on our way to Port Hardy. We had a room overlooking the ocean with a hot buffet breakfast, a swimming pool, good parking we paid the same price for this room. We would have stayed there but they were fully booked.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Janet J, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Thank you for writing a review. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. We don't have air conditioning but provide a stand up fan. Parking can be tight, but cars are allowed to park on the other side of the street, if nothing is available in the parking lot. I'm see you weren't happy that you had to cook your own eggs. But we only have a breakfast room, not a restaurant.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

Check in/out was quick, friendly helpful staff, across the street from the water! Bed was very comfortable and clean......was a wonderful stay and would definitely stay there again! The hotel also offers breakfast included in the price.....fresh eggs and fixings are available to make your own omelette. But there are also pastries, bagels, muffins, fruit, cereal and bread. Quite a spread!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Janet J, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Thank you so much for writing a review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to create a clean, comfortable experience for our guests.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

The best thing about this hotel is they provide organic soap, shampoo and conditioner with a natural fragrance that didn't bother me. Since I am allergic to fragrances, especially chemically composed fragrances, I wouldn't be able to stay in a room with artificial scents, even very mild ones. So this is a big thumbs up for me.
My husband found difficult to fall asleep as the way they hand the curtains let too much light in, since our patio was facing Best Western and their lights were on the whole night through. But that didn't bother me.
The staff were helpful. They didn't chit chat when I needed quiet time during our vacation, but provided care and help when needed.
The breakfast was one of the best of free breakfasts provided by hotels or hostels. Lots of choices and my loved one is make your own omelette, although I was little disappointed when there were no onion nor tomato. When we stayed, it was still little chilly in the morning for us to go out to the little patio to eat breakfast. It would be lovely when staying in summer time.
Also, they take it very serious about smoking in the hotel rooms. That's a super act as cigarette smell can linger in the room, carpet, curtain, pillows for a longgggggggg time. However, the smoking spot outside the hotel is still quite near the main entrance and somehow smoke can be blown towards that way and made us difficult to pass to enter the hotel.
Other than that, all is good, especially we got a senior discount on our room rate and was way cheaper than Best Western.

Stayed: May 2018
Janet J, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you so much for writing a review! The staff and I appreciate guest feedback. We try to create a comfortable, friendly experience for our guests.

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

My wife & I just spent the last 2 nights here. The room was fairly small...the bathroom very small, but very clean. The king bed was very comfy. There was a small deck with ocean view that was very nice. The continental breakfast was great. You cook your own eggs ( cubed ham, red peppers, green onions and cheese were there), so scrambled it was. Delicious. Plus a variety of breads and bagels and English muffins. Also a few choices of cereal. Coffee, tea, apple and orange juice also.
The staff were very friendly and helpful advising places and things for us to do. Overall, it turned out to be a very comfy stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Janet J, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Thank you so much for posting a review! I am so happy you enjoyed our little hotel! We strive to create a warm, inviting atmosphere for all our guests. I hope you will come back and see us again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Obviously Campbell River is a busy place. Heron's Landing was all that was available mid week and not a bad choice. Room (the penthouse, quite spacious) was very clean and roomy, plenty of space for a family or two couples for that matter, right across from the water with beautiful views especially of the light house. Oh yeah the Rotary walkway a 4 km walk is rt there to. I would stay here again and with the breakfast included it is a good deal.

Cheers Tod.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a view if available
Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Janet J, General Manager at Heron's Landing Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Thank you so much Tod for writing a review! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Come and see us again!