“Long wait service slow”

James Street Cafe & Grill
Ranked #60 of 661 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: two blocks east of Boundary
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Dropped into this restaurant on Sunday
It was not very busy the service was very slow. When we got our order taken it took over 40 minutes for the 2 egg breakfast special. Once it arrived the food was good but not worth the wait. I never got a refill on my coffee, my wife ordered Earl Grey tea but did not get Earl Grey
I would not go back.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Was in Vancouver on business and decided to have dinner here with a colleague.
Ordered shrimp masala that came with rice and naan. The shrimps were jumbo and probably more than ten.
Buddy ordered chicken curry with rice and naan.
Great service by Bisus.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Well located on Canada Way in Burnaby, this is a very nice venue with good parking facilities. Unfortunately the food is good but not the best I have tasted in the area. The deal was a little bland, the chicken tikka was alright although the fish (machhibat) was fresh and tasty.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

The name and outer signage promoted USDA ( what about Canada A Grade Angus Beef) beef steak and while they had Continental style steak and chicken meals and even Dutch breakfast the dinner was primarily a mine Odd South Asian food which I do like but was a surprise from what I was expecting.

The had sheesh kebab beef chicken lamb fish

Curries of above and goat, grilled deep fired meats etc Greek style meats and pakoras breads etc lassi drinks and Indian desserts .

The menu was very thorough I eventually chose the Kari Lamb and it was very good lamb tender in a curried tomato sauce with bell peppers salad rice and naan for $18 a large sweet lassi for $4.50and it was a good 16 oz with no ice to act as a filler.

The menu also has standard hamburgers etc.

I think it would be much better if I went with others so as to get a variety as the menu was set up as one style only per dish if just one patron

Now they ,did have an interesting ....side counter selling whole wheat roti, peanuts etc. .

So for me the price of the entree was a bit costly the food was good but it was a bit incongruent with name and outer signage as to cause confusion: this is a primarily south Asian restaurant with a US steakhouse name.

So due to the price it was good not great value hence the 3 not a 4 or 5 rating. I will go again but with others for a better variety or for the breakfast or standard burgers.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

clean, pleasant atmosphere. Somewhat dark
hardly anyone in had to wait 25 minutes for our dishes to arrives. The food was fine.