Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Great mall with huge variety of brands

This is supposedly the biggest mall in Vancouver and it doesn't disappoint with the choice of... read more

Reviewed August 30, 2022
deepakgupta5
Vancouver, Canada
A good experience

Reviewed July 7, 2022
placestogo1
Vancouver, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Burnaby
All reviews food court great mall biggest mall one stop shop high end lots of parking shopping metrotown skytrain vancouver canada walmart canadian
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2022

Lots of places to shop but I have gotten lost so many times, I'd recommend parking outside if you can find a parking spot. Even used an app to find my car but got lost using that lol.

Date of experience: July 2022
Reviewed May 21, 2022

Been over a year since I've been here. I'm not a great fan of shopping centres, and this one is so big it sometimes reminds me of a factory. BUT, perhaps management has made some changes and made this place a bit more people friendly.
The positives remain the same: centrally located with lots of parking and proximity to public transport. Size = enormous selection of goods and services. However, I thought I noticed a difference in tenant mix that now caters more to the typical citizen, and not only to women's fashions (although there still a heck of a lot of that!).
The overall cleanliness of common areas and washrooms continues to be of high quality. So, great place to spend a rainy afternoon, or for a one-stop shop.

Date of experience: May 2022
Reviewed December 21, 2021 via mobile

Massive Mall! Holyyy! Definitely has everything one could need under one roof. Luv it. It’s located in beautiful Burnaby British Columbia as well, what’s not to love.

Date of experience: December 2021
Reviewed January 2, 2021

1. It’s not a luxury mall. It’s more casual and fun, great for families with kids as there’s quite a few toy or kid stores. If you do want more luxury items, a place like park royal in west van or the airport outlet might be better :)

2. Yes it’s overcrowded, beware of that. The crowds are not bad if you’re used to them, but I do understand how it can hinder your experience. For parking, I definitely recommend immediately looking for them underground. There’s normally near no parking above, and underground MIGHT be easier to find because it’s all connected.

3. There isn’t a lot of eating spots- most food is in the food court, which yes, is mostly Asian or fast food. However, right across the street from the main entrance (the side with the superstore entrance and movie poster) is a lot of restaurants- sushi garden is definitely a good one for any sushi lovers out there :)

It’s a casual mall with not a lot of specialities- I think the most special part of Metrotown is how many different Asian cuisines and shops you can find- a lot for hem are quite unique. For example, currently there’s a shop on the floor above ground level selling anime and manga goods, as well as a Chinese styled shop selling cute figurines on the main floor right next to Uniqlo- the likes of which I’ve never seen anywhere except for actually in China. Also lots of Asian brands like mini so and Uniqlo that are quite unique :)

Lastly, for people without a lot of Asian markets, I would definitely recommend going to T&T to pick up some Asian snacks. It’s a good experience, both cheap and fun :)

Hope you all enjoy coming to Burnaby!

Date of experience: May 2020
1  Thank ManillaCone
Reviewed November 4, 2020

A rainy day, thought I'd do some pre-Christmas planning. Saw a surprising number of people doing the same.
On the positive side: This is an extensive mall - the largest in Burnaby. Appears that just about every chain is represented. Lots of parking, surface and underground. Close to Skytrain and buses. Love the Food Court - always clean, always busy.
But, as hard as I try, can never that particular item that's just right for me or my loved ones.
Hope you have better luck if you decide to drop by,

Date of experience: November 2020