“Hmmmmm....”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Alberta
“Hmmmmm....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Room: Clean but very basic in terms of linens for bed (a thin blanket and bedspread over sheets)
Cleaning Staff: No concept of what the 'Do Not Disturb' sign meant. Two days in a row our room was entered without permission and the third day following there was an additional attempt.
Front Desk Staff: We always found them pleasant.
Continental Breakfast: Basic muffins, doughnuts and coffee from Tim Hortons.
Location: For those without transportation this location is out of the way.
Overall: For the price, my husband and I were not expecting much. It is clean and basic. Some may not mind their room being entered without authorization but with no in room safe, we prefer to stay at a place where privacy is respected.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Happy_Day_Inn, Manager at Happy Day Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
With regards to the do not disturb sign. It is hotel policy to enter the room once every two days. In individual cases where a guest may stay with us long term (a week or longer) we have extended this period on the guests request. I am sorry you felt your privacy was not respected. We have addressed this issue with the cleaning staff and we are actively pursuing different ideas regarding our policy on entering rooms. I can assure you that as a small family owned motel we only have 3 housekeepers and all have been in service for more than 3 years with no issues at all.

We hope to have the pleasure to serve you in the future and would be more than happy to address your privacy concerns upon reservation and upon check in should you decide to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Nelson, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in February 2012. Room were quiet, clean incl.kitchenette, TV. Queen bed mattresses were all right.
Amenities: free save parking, free good connection to the internet,
they offer simple breakfast snacks in the lobby which is incl.in the affordable price
everything worked, friendly staff
ask for Senior or BCAA rate discount 10%
The only issue this motel has is that there is no elevator. There are many steps to walk from the undercover parking up to the rooms #300 with luggage.
Overal a positive stay

Room Tip: quiet rooms # 303 & 305 in the back, away from the Hwy
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed for one night and our experience was awesome. Room was very clean. I like the high, big mattress for a bed and when we entered the room it was there. Best thing is the washroom has a tub for a relaxing bathe. Brewed coffee are available for free in the room. Pop and other drinks are not. Parking was safe. Very accommodating staff and had a free breakfast before we left. Highly recommended. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed there with Family in Jan 2012. The rooms was good for the price. What needs work is the customer service. The front desk guy and cleaning lady were very rude to customers. Keep in mind it was only one guy and one cleaning lady and not all the staff were very rude. Hate to point them out since they might be loose their jobs and I do not want that to happen. Only saying that managment should retrain their staff on customer service.

Room Tip: Good for affordable rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed twelve days, and on the whole it was pretty good. The price was excellent, the staff were friendly, the bed was comfortable, there was free wi-fi, and the television worked fine. There were two things I didn't like. One is that I was in a kitchenette room (207) and the inside of the cupboard where I kept the food I bought smelled bad; I hated opening the door. It might have been insecticide from a previous spraying (?). The other thing I didn't like is that I put the "Do not disturb" sign up once, when I went back to bed at 9 or 9:30 a.m. after having had a bad night's sleep, and within 45 minutes the cleaning woman was calling through the door asking if I needed my room made up. I said "no," so I could get back to sleep, and then I realized that I needed a change of towels so I got up to find her and exchange the towels. I actually *would* have liked the bed made, but I felt I'd already given up that possibility. And I didn't get the extra sleep I'd wanted. I also had a few bites when I was there; I hope it wasn't from the room! Oh, the heating unit: it was tricky to get the right temperature. It was either on high or off. But I *really* liked that the windows opened. On the whole it was pretty good, and I'd go there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Judith E
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Good price,rude front desk guy! continental breakfast very weak! 3 apples and rotten orange juice, coffee pot was empty almost every morning!
not very satisfied except their price.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

This hotel is one of the best affordable places I've stayed. My room was super clean and very cozy. I slept like a baby in the comfortable queen size bed. The staff were extremely nice, especially "Tanvir" :) I even had a view of the mountain tops from my room. Spectacular! Will definitely be back again. Cheers x

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Happy_Day_Inn, Manager at Happy Day Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for the kind words, we were very happy to have you. We look forward to having you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
The Met Hotel
#2 of 2 in New Westminster
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
BEST WESTERN Chelsea Inn
#3 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Happy Day Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!