“Best Indian food and great service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
King Mahal Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 661 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed January 1, 2015

A group of 8 of us went here for New Year's Eve dinner. The service was friendly as always and quick. It's a family run business and we have had consistent great service and delicious food. The food is low sodium and low oil but high in taste. You can choose to have mild to hot dishes. We had our hot sauce brought to us on the side so that we could all taste the variety of dishes and add the spice according to our own tastes. We tried a variety of nan bread, vegetable pakora, vegetable hot plate, mixed grill, butter chicken, chicken tikka masala, prawn masala, prawn korma, and one of my favourite dishes, eggplant Bharta. The dishes were all to die for! Prices are great and even the wine is very reasonable - $5/glass or $20/bottle. For dessert we had the Rasmalai - a type of cheese dessert which is better than cheesecake and a delicious mango icecream. We will definitely be going back again and again. Thank you to King Mahal for opening up in our neighbourhood!

1  Thank Nolgin

Reviewed November 3, 2014

We started coming to this restaurant about a year ago. My whole family likes it.

The owner is a very kind gentleman, always warmly greeted the guests. The restaurant is always clean and nicely decorated. The place makes us feel homey and comfortable. Always enjoy dining here.

We go there for lunch buffet for 5 times. Very good quality meat, veggie, salad and desserts items at $10 per person. Such a good value.

1  Thank Burnaby_North
Reviewed September 9, 2014

My fiancee and I ate here today for dinner. We walked in and were greeted with a smile and table service straight away. We weren't pressured into buying alcoholic beverages OR order one of everything each (our host said 1 rice would be fine between the two of us). We ordered vegetable samosas, saffron rice and butter chicken with a garlic naan each.

The food was fast, fresh and always warm/hot temperature wise. We ordered our butter chicken 'mild' and it was tasty and made with real chicken. We ate for under $30 for dinner (excluding drinks as we just had water) and I gave them a $5 tip because it was so worth it.

Fresh food, friendly, prompt service and satisfaction from each dish. Eat here for a nice dinner at a very reasonable price.

3  Thank Jate_adventures
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I've been going to different Indian places in the lower mainland for quite a bit now but by for this has to be the BEST place for Indian food in Vancouver! The food is sooo yummy! The flavours are amazing; some dishes complement each other so well .

This place had the healthiest "Mix Grill" and "Lamb Rogan Josh" there was no excess oil and it had low sodium. I've checked out a few Indian places and so far none had come up to my standards.

The service is unbeatable, always someone smiling even when I just go for some Take out. I recommend dining in though on the weekends; there's no line ups!

2  Thank Kennith K
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had a fantastic meal here. The food was great! Best naan I've had and the chicken tikka from the tandoor was simply delicious, The service was friendly, attentive and quick. Definitely would recommend.

2  Thank Felicity L