Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Fun times

I visited with my senior parents on a beautiful sunny day. We arrived just after they opened and... read more

Reviewed September 26, 2018
Tara W
via mobile
Quality time with teenager, not so quality cages

Enjoyed the 1:1 time with my teenage son including the train ride around the park. It is sad to see... read more

Reviewed September 2, 2018
Tour689870
via mobile

All reviews bring your own gift shop lion feeding grizzly bear science world birds of prey lots of space large enclosures red panda picnic tables bike keeper grandchildren stroller wagon talks rescue
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Great visit first time there in about 20'years. my 4 grandsons. Daughter and son-in-law had a wonderful weekday visit. Great walking path easy to maneuver the stroller. we were lucky enough to visit on the last day of the train ride for the season. 6 and 3 year old grandsons loved it. we were also lucky enough to arrive in time to watch the lion feelings. Very informative. well spoken docents helpful and took the time to interact and answer questions. nice way to spend the day

Date of experience: September 2017
GVZoo, Guest Relations Manager at Greater Vancouver Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit at our facility. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Huge variety of animals and reptiles. Well worth spending a couple of hours wandering the property. Watching the hippo's feed was very cool. We've been there with younger children, this trip was with our kids now they were young adults. They loved it all over again. I think they enjoyed it more this time than when they were younger, both great experiences.

Date of experience: June 2017

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I bought an annual pass for the zoo because I enjoy walking it for both exercise and pleasure. This is by far the best way to fully appreciate the value of the zoo. The zoo is designed around the welfare of the animals rather than entertaining tourists. For this reason some of the animals may be difficult to spot on a single visit. I have found the animals to appear very healthy and happy in these natural like and spacious surroundings. I have enjoyed watching the grizzly snack on a watermelon and play in the water. The giraffe looks proud and yet elegant as he strolls around. The ostriches appears delighted to stroll around eyeing all of the curious spectators as he grazes in the spacious field. I especially enjoy the cheetahs. the 2nd one is hard to spot as he appear to be shy and when I have spotted him it has been in the outer more spacious cheetah area. The Lion feeding is my favourite as you can really appreciate how wild and fit they are as you watch them run after their lunch. The birds of prey show is also very entertaining. There is so much to see if you have the patience. I really appreciate the family atmosphere where you can bring your own bike or rent the 4 wheeler. They have nice shaded spots to eat your own lunch which my family appreciates. The walk is a pure delight. I have brought family members as well to the zoo and they share my appreciation for putting the animal's welfare first. Yes, as others have said, the zoos buildings could be spruced up a little but I care much less about that than watching the joyful zebras as they sometimes mozy up to the fence to greet me when I visit.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Stvmal

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear you enjoy your regular visits! Animal health and welfare is our number 1 priority however we are very excited to let you know that we are currently planning extensive renovations to our facility and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

$26 per person plus parking? Seriously? Fam of four for an hours entertainment over a hundred bucks. Nonsense.

Date of experience: September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about our facility's admission. Unlike many other Zoos, the Greater Vancouver Zoo is a privately run facility. We don’t receive any government funding, and rely solely on admission rates to operate the Zoo year round.

The Zoo is home to over 140 species on 120 acres. The size of our facility allows us to provide our animals with larger enclosures. As added options, we do allow our guests to bring in outside food and drinks. We offer coupons, and we have an ongoing cell phone recycling program that allows guests to receive 2 for 1 admission when they bring in an old cell phone for recycling (the phone doesn't even need to be working). We do continually review our prices to ensure they are competitive with other attractions in the lower mainland.

Thanks again for the review and we hope you'll consider visiting us again in the future!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We attended, two adults and a toddler and had a lovely morning exploring this beautiful park. There is an impressive number of animals here and their habitats are generous and allow for solitude for the animals if they wish to remain unseen.

Date of experience: June 2017