“Top Choice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada
“Top Choice”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This was our second time staying here and it will not be our last.

We used the free shuttle from the airport - it did take 40 minutes to show up which I don't think is normal. The outside of the hotel does not match the inside. Once you walk in the lobby is really nice - and the front desk staff are welcoming and helpful. I love the big stone fireplace and the flavored water in the lobby. I've enjoyed both the cucumber and the orange.

We upgraded to one of the newer rooms and we really enjoyed it. The room was very nice and modern outfitted with a flat screen, granite and modern bedding and upholstered furniture. It was fun that there was also a microwave and popcorn in the vending machine. Our son really enjoyed it. The bed is really comfortable and the hotel is quiet. We all slept really well and started a long day of travel off on a good foot.

We have stayed in one of the rooms that has not been renovated yet. The $20.00 upgrade is really worth it.

We also enjoy the location of the hotel - walking distance to both Boston Pizza and the White Spot. There is a restaurant in the hotel where a free breakfast in provided but because of early flights we have not been able to use this service yet. Muffins and juice are provided during the early hours in the lobby. Yet another nice touch.

This will continue to be our Edmonton Hotel. Great work BWDS!

Room Tip: Book the upgraded tower rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear gghope:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. We greatly value the information we receive from our guests.

I will be sure to share your very kind comments with our team. We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in the Leduc - Nisku area. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Perry Batke, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I booked this hotel as I needed a lay away accommodation while enroute from Puerto Vallarta to Vancouver. While the cost of the hotel was higher than what I would normally pay for a Best Western, it was nonetheless on par with most other hotels around the airport area. Since BW offers a reward program, I decided to book it even though it was a little more expensive.
The hotel offers free shuttle to and from the airport. The trip takes roughly 10 minutes if less. To my surprise, the interior of the hotel was nowhere comparable to other BW I have been in. It was way more clean and modernized. The room was also a nice surprise with comfy beddings. The best though was the service. The staff are courteous and caring. I felt they understood my needs and offered relevant advice and services to make my stay comfortable.
I had no privilege to use the amenities of the hotel but I would assume the hotel is kept in pristine order.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Adrian F
Dear brobro888:

Way up North
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We love to stay here! Whenever we go through the Edmonton Airport and need to stay over night this is our top choice! The rooms are very clean and tastefully designed! The bed's are one of the most comforThe hotel is quiet. The restaurant is very good as well. There are other restaurants and stores within walking distance. The staff are super friendly and helpful as well! We rate Denham Inn & Suites A+++!

Room Tip: I like the tower rooms. Try not to choose a bottom floor. Someone knocked on our window at night.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear janolynnX1A:

Northwest Territories
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I had to reschedule our return flight home and needed a one night stay near the airport. We went online and found this hotel and picked it specifically for the Serenity Suite which on their website is their nicer ammenity room. Check-in was quick and the front desk person was polite and told us of what our food options were in the hotel. He did tell us and another guest the incorrect time for breakfast the next morning. Guess he didn't remember the Monday was Family Day and therefore "holiday" hours. The room itself hasn't been updated like the other rooms pictured on their website but it was in good condition. Big whirpool tub in the room and a fireplace. Lots of remotes for alot of different things, I believe there were 4 total. We used the TV and Fireplace ones. *Note to management, if you could get a TV in the whirlpool area that would be awesome! We checked in late and ordered room service to ensure we got to enjoy the ammenities we were paying for like the tub. Sitting down on the couch to eat at the coffee table my husband feels something sharpe underfoot. He starts to pickup several grape stems. They were all over and since we had nachos it wasn't from us. There was a lot of food left behind from the previous guest so we put our shoes back on. Then we decided to enjoy our mini champagne to cap our weekend away sans kids and I went to get that whirlpool tub going. ICK there was hair all over it. Not tons but enough that anyone could have seen it needed to be wiped out. There were even the little curly variety all by the drain. It was gross. Then enterring the washroom there was a little paper cover on the toilet to show it had been cleaned but there were long black hairs all over the tank and floor. This time I would say it was more than enough that it should have been wiped up. Loose hairs happen but we're talking several long black hairs and you could clearly see them. As for the rest of the night, the fireplace was neat and the bed comfy. Room was also very quiet, quieter than other airport hotels we've stayed in but maybe that's because we're in Leduc and not Nisku. When we checked out at the crack of dawn the next morning my husband asked about the breakfast and the front desk person said there wasn't one but he did invite us to have juice or muffins. Nice juice in plastic bottles made for an easy grab and go - thank you! I shared with him that we had spent the extra money for the nice suite because it was a trip with no kids, etc. and that the room just didn't seem like it had been cleaned. He apologized and asked if we had called the front desk. I said we had not because it was late and we had a 7am flight which meant we had to get up early. He started to offer me a coupon or something and I said I wasn't looking for anything, just disappointed and wouldn't return. He then apologized again (I thought he handled my complaint pretty well considering it was early & I was probably cranky, quipping "the hairs are still there for the cleaning person") and he said he would discount my stay. I thanked him and as I was walking away he kindly reminded me of the juice and muffins. We were disappointed with the cleanliness of the room but the room itself was in good repair and the front desk staff were really good.

Room Tip: Onsite food is a nice ammenity
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Arctic Explorer:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. The information that we receive from guests is vital in our effort to continually improve our levels of service, quality and cleanliness.

First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I can assure you that your experience does not meet the high standards of cleanliness that we strive to provide our guests. I have reviewed your comments with our team to ensure that we are focused on delivering the high levels of cleanliness and quality. We would very much like another opportunity to better serve you and I will contact you to explore this opportunity.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We are always loyal to Best Western properties whenever they are available and within a resonable rate compared to others in the area. We have found you always get pretty much the same thing. A resonable rate and a very clean well maintaned hotel.

This Best Western hotel is by far our favorite. It has wonderful rooms, alway clean, a great breakfast included in your rate but most important excellent service.
From their check in staff right down to the restaurant people it is first class all the way. If ever you can find a problem with your room it is always resolved right away. They have a shuttle service to and from the airport.

Room Tip: We have stayed in all of their rooms at one time or another and always the same spotless room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear 101holidayer:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage of our hotel and the feedback you shared about your recent stay. The information that we receive from our guests is vital in our effort to continuously improve our levels of service, quality and accommodations.

I will be sure to share your comments about our Hotel with our team. Again, we value the opportunity to serve you and hope to continue being your hotel of choice in the Leduc-Nisku and Edmonton International Airport region. Please "like" our Facebook page at facebook.com/bwpdenham for updates on our amenities, enhancements and specials.

Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have stayed here many times and the staff are so friendly and courteous, they really look after you. The rooms in the new tower are very nice and up to date, but more importantly they are very clean. We have stayed there about 7 times and the complimentary breakfast they put on is exceptional, your choice of bacon or sausage and eggs with a breakfast buffet that is very nice. This is a place I would stay in compared to edmonton hotels, the drive is worth it.

Room Tip: rooms in the new tower are very nice, older part is outdated and dingy.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Premier Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear 727rosie:

I will be sure to share your comments about our Staff, Accommodations, Cleanliness & Breakfast with our team. Again, we value the opportunity to serve you and hope to continue being your hotel of choice in the Leduc-Nisku and Edmonton International Airport region. Please "like" our Facebook page at facebook.com/bwpdenham for updates on our amenities, enhancements and specials.

Tuktoyaktuk, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2012

There is a definite lack of quality airport hotels around the Edmonton Airport. We tried this one out and it is our number one choice now if we need a quiet hotel near the airport.

The staff is very friendly and are efficient at their jobs. Check-in was down quickly and we were up to the room within 5 minutes of arrival. The room is clean, comfortable and QUIET. There is a small fridge and a microwave in a hall area between the entry and the bathroom.If you leave prior to the restaurant opening, there will be a basket of muffins, coffee and juices in the lobby. If you stay for the breakfast (included) then be prepared for a good selection (the waffle mix can be fairly used up if you are a late arrival, though). The waitress, Joyce, is a pleasure to visit with...she is a vicarious traveller and makes one really feel welcome. There is a shuttle to and from the airport at no cost (well, it is included in the rate). It runs every 30 minutes in off peak hours and you need to prebook it if you are leaving early.

One big tip is that you can park there for $5 a day (with two days included in the rate).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear nickannetteandem:

I will be sure to share your comments about our Staff Service & Accommodations with our team. Again, we value the opportunity to serve you and hope to continue being your hotel of choice in the Leduc-Nisku and Edmonton International Airport region. Please "like" our Facebook page at facebook.com/bwpdenham for updates on our amenities, enhancements and specials.