All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastplace to stayexcellent roomgreat hotelfree shuttle serviceking suitea great staybagelsrecommend this hotelcoffee makerwake up callparking lotfront desk staffflightairportedmonton
Reviewed January 13, 2010

This is one of the properties our company stays at for work so I have experienced it many times. It has always been a pleasant stay - I can't really think of anything bad to say about this hotel.

One of the most intruiging things to me about this property is that there seems to be a lot of different room types. I have walked into regular rooms with a bed and couch, but have also stumbled across rooms with fireplaces, vaulted ceilings or jacuzzi baths. Therefore, whatever type of room you'd like - the Ramada Leduc appears to have something for you.

Like many people have said about this hotel, it is quiet. This is welcome touch with not only the airport nearby but also Alberta's busiest highway across the street. Even when staying on the 2nd floor you don't hear cars in the parking lot. Rest assured you will get a peaceful nights sleep here.

Rooms are comfortable and include a fridge as an added bonus. They have free internet available, which I believe is both wireless and hardwired. Bathrooms are standard, and I'm enjoying their new San Francisco Soap Company products.

I've never used the fitness centre as my nights are generally short here, though I have walked by it and it appears to be relatively well appointed. There is also a business centre with two computers available for use for free.

As of my last stay, the Ramada's restaurant is now closed. It is listed as being renovated, but I never see work going on there so I'm not sure if that's a temporary label for a shuttered business. It's difficult to find restaurants in hotels in Leduc - they don't seem to do very well. If you are hungry, there is a restaurant in the Executive Hotel across the parking lot, or another Chinese/Western place across the street called Pluto's. 5 minutes further by foot you can find a truckstop with actual decent food.

Do to the renovation situation, the Ramada now offers free expanded continental breakfast which is set-up nicely in a room adjacent to the dark restaurant. It offers juice, cereal, breakfast breads, coffee/tea and yogurt. A great touch to start your day.

I would recommend this property to anybody looking for a night in Leduc in conjunction with the airport. While the city itself is quiet in this part (all hotels), this place is great for a nightime layover. Friendly staff, nice rooms and breakfast. Can't ask for much more at a hotel that you'd need for a layover.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Ryjones
Reviewed August 28, 2009

I was a little concerned about the noise level since it's so close to the airport, but the rooms are dead quiet. The airport being so close is a real plus. The hotel is very easy to find. Lots of parking, right in front of your room, so you can kind of watch your stuff. Very clean, bright rooms and the beds are comfortable. All the staff is very friendly. The restaurant service is fast and with a smile. The food is hot and affordable. Check in and out was fast and friendly. The gym, the sauna and steam room are all spotlessly clean. Wireless internet works great. We stayed for 4 days. One of the nights, we encountered a wild Alberta storm which blew over a power line, which left the hotel in darkness. Out of the hands of the hotel staff, but they were very apologetic and provided flashlights to light up the hallways. They did the best that they could. I like the fact that it's centrally located. Close to the airport, close to Leduc and close to Edmonton. An old saying goes like this: Keep your eyes on the hotels that flight attendants and pilots stay in, they are usually good. This place is a steady stream of both of those. I think in this case, the old saying holds true. We will stay here again, no questions asked.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank araneacanada
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I booked two rooms in this hotel the night before a flight to Honolulu. It's very close to the airport with a 5 minute shuttle ride. They also offer free long-term parking if you stay at the hotel which is a plus considering you can avoid the high airport parking rates! The rooms were quite comfortable and spacious. This is not an upscale hotel by any means, the beds were comfortable but they were not plush.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed February 28, 2009

We always stay here when traveling from the North.
The hotel is clean, quiet, and the customer service is very good.
It is a basic, no frills hotel. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms are in good shape.
The business centre is convenient, and in good working order.
It is close to a cinema, pubs, and most importantly, the airport!
We do not enjoy the food in the restaurant (Rosies), and usually order Panago, which is also pretty close.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank cubabound2008
Reviewed July 26, 2007

We stayed at this hotel from July 18, 2007 to July 21, 2007. I can not think of a single thing that we did not enjoy. The bed was very good and comfortable (unlike some other reviews say!) I am one of those people who brings their own bedding because I want to feel clean. This hotel is super clean, the staff very helpful and the restaurant has a lot of choices. It is about a 20 minute drive to the Edmonton South Common. There is no pool but they do have a nice fitness room.

We read a lot of internet reviews before booking. We noticed that some complained about the train. We never heard the train at night at all. The hotel was quiet and clean. The pictures on the websites don't do it justice either, they could have taken the photo of the front of the hotel instead of the restaurant. We will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank esoggy70