Hampton.com
US$66
US$57
US$70
US$80
Paradise Inn and Suites Signature(Leduc)(Great Value!)
US$64
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastplace to stayexcellent roomgreat hotelfree shuttle serviceedmonton international airportking suitea great staybagelsrecommend this hotelcoffee makerwake up callparking lotfront desk staffflightsleep
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My family and I (wife and 16 month old son) wanted to stay close to the airport for the convenience as we were traveling to Hawaii for the Holidays. We have family in Edmonton that we could have stayed with, but really wanted the convenience of the proximity to the airport and the park & ride option to the airport.
Everything was fine until we all woke up in the middle of the night to someone trying to enter our room. Thankfully, we had used the latch/lock on the door which prevented them from getting in. I sprung out of bed and pushed the door closed. The guy on the other end mumbled that he had been sold the room, and turned and went back to the front desk. We were all shaken from the what happened, and didn't get much sleep after that. We had 2 flights totalling approx 7 hours of fly time and two hour lay over. We were hoping to be well rested, but wasn't the case. Our son was only 16 months old at the time, which flying with a cranky/tired baby is no fun.
We approached the front desk in the morning, and they were well aware of the issue. The person working the desk was very apologetic, but was very limited to as to how to compensate us. She informed us that they had accidentally double booked the room. She gave us a small discount which we weren't happy with and asked her to have her manager call us. We couldn't stick around as we had to get to the airport, but left our cell phone # with her. We had approx 3 to 4 hours before our flight, and never did receive a call before we boarded or anytime there after. I received a email prior to returning from our vacation to 'rate' our stay. I completed the survey. I received a email back from the GM of this Hotel. He apologized, and admitted it was their mistake, but said there was nothing further he could do. He went as far to say that we should both learn from this experience and it was a good thing that the Ramada used the extra lock, or it could have been worse. If I wouldn't have know better, I would have thought he was joking that I should be grateful for the learning experience. I did finally make my way up the ladder to Corporate. They did apologize and were going reimburse me a bit more for the troubles. It's been approx 1 month since I had the conversation, and yet to have seen the cheque.
I do understand that is was a accident to double book the room. However, the GM handled it so poorly, and it could have been fixed so easily. There are plenty of other Hotels around the Airport, and I'll never stay at this particular Hotel again, and will have a tough time staying or recommending any other Ramada in the future.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
GMRamadaEIA, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

Dear Sir,
I would like to once again appologize for the double booking of your room. I think it has been probalbly about the tenth time now between the brand, myself, our manager on duty that we have expressed our concern about your stay. Yes we did double book your room and as you mentioned in your review the brand compensated you and the hotel also dicounted you. What else besides the heart felt appology from all members of our team that spoke to you, discount from the hotel, refund from the brand, etc... Was it that we did not call you when you departed from the hotel on the complementary shuttle to the airport? Usually when our guests leave on the shuttle they are clearing customs or boarding a plane they do not go to the airport 4 hours before their flight when the hotel is 5 minutes away via shuttle. This property prides itself on customer service. We have won the Ramada Pinnacle Award two times, we have been recognized by the Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association multiple times for their housekeeping award and we are very community orientated business. The employees of the Ramada Edmonton International Airport work extreemly hard to maintain this high level of service and occationaly mistakes happen. There used to be a time when an appology meant something when it was genuin when it was real. I guess in this day and age its all about the refund.

Reviewed December 12, 2010

Just amazing! From crisp clean pure white linens to healthy breakfast and friendly staff! Just the place every traveler deserves.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMarks093
GMRamadaEIA, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review about the Ramada Edmonton International Airport.

Reviewed November 16, 2010

I travel a lot and as much as could, I always stay in Ramada. This location of Ramada is perfect for travelers like me. I received a very warm welcome upon checking in and was informed that their restaurant just opened. The service at the restaurant was fast and food was very tasty. I had a very good sleep after as the room was surprisingly quiet even it's so close to the airport. And for the corporate rate that I was given, it was all worth it as my room was amazingly clean. I would definitely stay here when go back to Edmonton.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather49022
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stayed here for a wedding recently and aside from having a very comfortable bed, our room was spacious and it was nice that we could park right outside our door. During a previous stay, we had stayed in a hotel before near the airport (super 8) and that was one of the worst hotel experiences we have ever had (the beds had plastic covers on them and everything looked like it was out of the '80s). In comparison, this hotel was a dream. I also have to commend this hotel on their great staff, who found that I had left my medications (for recent eye surgery) and had tried calling our house 3 times before we even returned home. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ADS0084
GMRamadaEIA, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Edmonton International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Thanks for the great review.

Reviewed January 13, 2010

This is one of the properties our company stays at for work so I have experienced it many times. It has always been a pleasant stay - I can't really think of anything bad to say about this hotel.

One of the most intruiging things to me about this property is that there seems to be a lot of different room types. I have walked into regular rooms with a bed and couch, but have also stumbled across rooms with fireplaces, vaulted ceilings or jacuzzi baths. Therefore, whatever type of room you'd like - the Ramada Leduc appears to have something for you.

Like many people have said about this hotel, it is quiet. This is welcome touch with not only the airport nearby but also Alberta's busiest highway across the street. Even when staying on the 2nd floor you don't hear cars in the parking lot. Rest assured you will get a peaceful nights sleep here.

Rooms are comfortable and include a fridge as an added bonus. They have free internet available, which I believe is both wireless and hardwired. Bathrooms are standard, and I'm enjoying their new San Francisco Soap Company products.

I've never used the fitness centre as my nights are generally short here, though I have walked by it and it appears to be relatively well appointed. There is also a business centre with two computers available for use for free.

As of my last stay, the Ramada's restaurant is now closed. It is listed as being renovated, but I never see work going on there so I'm not sure if that's a temporary label for a shuttered business. It's difficult to find restaurants in hotels in Leduc - they don't seem to do very well. If you are hungry, there is a restaurant in the Executive Hotel across the parking lot, or another Chinese/Western place across the street called Pluto's. 5 minutes further by foot you can find a truckstop with actual decent food.

Do to the renovation situation, the Ramada now offers free expanded continental breakfast which is set-up nicely in a room adjacent to the dark restaurant. It offers juice, cereal, breakfast breads, coffee/tea and yogurt. A great touch to start your day.

I would recommend this property to anybody looking for a night in Leduc in conjunction with the airport. While the city itself is quiet in this part (all hotels), this place is great for a nightime layover. Friendly staff, nice rooms and breakfast. Can't ask for much more at a hotel that you'd need for a layover.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business