“excellent staff”
Review of Nova Inn Edson

Nova Inn Edson
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Edson
Reviewed 22 December 2016

clean rooms, nice fireplaces, awesome staff very helpful, excellent for business travelers ans well for leisure.
good location on HWY 16 going to Edmonton
nice spacoius appartemnts in hotel second building, very secure

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Traveled Alberta and BC for honeymoon stoping at many different hotels along the way with excellent service such as Nova inn offered us. From the front desk to housekeeping to chefs and servers in kitchen. Everything was excellent

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Don't waste your money! Dirty! Cigarettes burns in blankets, walls and furniture is disgusting. House keeping starts banging at doors at 8 am, don't dare to ask for extra blankets or pillows or even towels cause there's none! No face cloths left in room. Night watch man omg heaven forbid your not in your room my 10 pm or he's giving you crap and don't dare walk in the hallways to another room with a drink in your hand or he'd chase you just to yell at you! terrible customer service, continental breakfast hahahahaha what a joke..... held in a bar, kids can only stay till 10 am, you have you pick of scrabbled egg, sausage, hash browns and French toast but lucky if there's anything left! Mud all over floors in stairways and hallways, they do have smoking rooms but travels throughout the whole hotels. Will never be back and highly don't recommend!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank lisamoore1977
Milica M, Public Relations Manager at Nova Inn Edson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is very important to us. Please accept our sincere apologies for our lapse in service, as we did not deliver on our brand promise during your stay. Rest assured, we take these concerns very seriously. Above all else, customer service and cleanliness are the most important values in our hotel chain and it is disappointing to us that we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will take immediate action to address this matter. Our Nova Inn Edson General Manager, Bogusha Pomerenke will contact you shortly to see if there is anything further we could do. Otherwise, please feel free to contact Ms. Pomerenke directly at (780) 712-3005 or bogusha_p@novahotels.ca.
Thank you for your patronage and your valuable feedback.
Regards,

Milica Mrdjenovich
VP, Brand & Marketing

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

When booking the room, customer service was bad. Next to no information was taken on the phone. I hope there would be room for our pets and kids and us, which there was. Was not asked for ID or credit card upon check in, was later told the card did not go through. The proper credit card was not taken until after and still no ID was looked at. Hallways were super noisy. Could hear everything outside of the room. Room was super hot with no way to cool it down. Breakfast was awful, dried out and nasty. Looked like it had been sitting there over a week. No kids are allowed in the breakfast area which is super inconvenient travelling with children because there is no where to eat in the rooms. Front desk sent us into the breakfast area while I had a child with me and we were later kicked out 20 minutes after waiting for someone to tell us about where breakfast was or bring it to us or whatever (unsure how breakfast worked since it was in a huge restaurant). Will not stay again. Awful place to stay. Definitely recommend to go elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Teresa T
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Got to say, the staff at the Nova Inn is awesome! They were extremely friendly and professional during the entire stay, doing their best to help out in whatever way they could. The rooms were extremely tidy, clean and spacious. I will definitely be coming back!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

The lady working evening shift was amazing! Terry! Fabulous, they are lucky to have her!Friendly and courteous & knows the area!This is a nice place with great staff! The location is central and good parking too! Food within the hotel was also good!

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

My experience was so pathetic that it forced me to create an account with trip advisor so that I can write a review! I booked this hotel last week with Expedia and upon checking in they tell me that I had cancelled my booking and that they gave my room to somebody else. I called Expedia and they confirmed that it was hotel's error as my reservation was still confirmed. The staff was not cooperative or helpful at all. They clearly told me all they can do is put in a room across the building in a smoking area! The issue is not only that they cancelled my reservation but failed to explain what happened to my reservation and weren't even cooperative. I have never written a review for a hotel before, that frustrated I am with their service.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family