“Milkshakes are the best”

Bernie & The Boys Bistro
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Drumheller
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed October 20, 2018

After touring the Badlands my daughter and I decided to do a quick stop at Bernie and the Boys for an afternoon milkshake. Upon seeing the outside of this small bistro, I questioned if we should go inside but this place was recommended by several people who had eaten here. The inside is quite unique with sayings written on the tables, a menu board on the wall, order your food at the counter, and 50 flavours of milkshakes. The milkshakes are thick,thick and oh so good like you would have gotten back in a 60's diner. The lady taking the orders at the counter was very friendly and helpful. The diner style food looked so good that we decided to have pulled pork poutine also. It was a large portion with cheese curds shared by 2 of us. If you do not like diner food then go for the shakes you will not be disappointed!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Visited with family from out of town. The building doesn't look like much from the outside, but when you get inside and get your food, you forget about the older building, and just really enjoy the food. If you want something to really make your visit special, get the giant burger!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank BvilleFood
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

A simple review is needed for this place. If you like burgers and milkshakes come here! A good price for good. Did was awesome and big servings, 50 flavors of milkshakes (choices on choices)
I must say don't be deceived by the reserved signs on the table. They are reserved for you once you have ordered! Would recommend and would do again.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Emily-Paige H
Reviewed September 11, 2018

We had been expecting a WOW but it was a dud. This place was small and didn't live up to the reputation. The food was mediocre and the prices were very high for just a burger. I would tell people to not bother there are amazing restaurants around that serve better food for much better prices. Total rip off. I'd give it a ZERO if I could. The bathrooms were dirty and the tables were as well had to ask to have it cleaned twice.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank TrezzR
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Went there at 4 pm. Service at front counter was ok. It was pretty busy for a Saturday at 4 pm.
A table of 9 and a couple that had a small order was finished eating even before we got our order. Our order was 2 burgers, kid burger and large fries for 4 people.

So in the 30-40 minutes that we waited for our order (noting that the couple ahead of us only had 2 burgers and fries) and took about 20
Min to eat as well, our burgers finally came. Dry and burnt. They seemed to have been dealing with an issue with the big table that didn’t like their pizza.

Nevertheless, they just said thanks for the wait and that’s about it. My kids weren’t impressed that they had to clean up after others kids and also waited 45 minutes to even have a fry. Fries were mainly just the skin of the potato. Also, extremely salty fries but wasn’t dry and burnt like the patties.

Not somewhere I’d come back again anytime soon or make a special trip to.

Not a lot of options in this small town though.

I wouldn’t “gotta eat here” but seeing the burger in person at the 9 person group was interesting. Picture of that on Advisor is enough. Anyone can make a better beef patty than that!
Save your $ and especially your time!!!!

Date of visit: September 2018