“Smelly experience”
Review of Brooks

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Richmond Hill
22 helpful votes
“Smelly experience”
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Brooks is conveniently located close to Dinosaur Provincial Park, which was of interest to us. Unfortunately despite the nice hotels build near the highway it has some major issues. There is a meat-processing plant in the town in addition to the couple of cow farms and some industry. When we arrived in Brooks there was a terrible stench in the air and we were told that is normal smell from the meat-processing plant. It smelled of dead cows and chemicals to process them. Next day was better - it smelled of cows that are still alive but there was a lingering smell in the hotel and I was more than happy to drive to Dinosaur Provincial Park and stay there as long as I could. If you want to visit Alberta Badlands which are pretty interesting I recommend to sleep in Drumheller.

Been to Brooks? Share your experiences!