“Lunch”

Sal's Famous Pizza & Donairs
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Athabasca
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Our meals were amazing and seeing the other meals being ordered, were pretty awesome too!
We found the meals were big enough to share at on one day!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

we dropped in to pick up a bite to eat. We get so tired of typical fast food joints when were on the road working, so when we see a private establishment we are willing to try it out for a change of taste.
Pleasantly surprised! we had a chicken donair and a greek/beef donair. WOW on the beef /greek! it was LOADED and HUGE meal.
We also spied the neighbouring table have an order of poutine and we were jealous!
On the way out, I spied a prepped large pizza ready to go into the oven and again my mouth was watering. Bravo to Sal's! wish this was in my hometown so we could try more items!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Convenient and delicious! Stick to the original beef donair, chicken was bland and dry. Great menu variety!

Why don't places wear plastic anymore when handling food? Turn off!!!!!!

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

If your looking for something greasy, like a burger or fries, this is where you go.

I wanted something relatively healthy, so I had the Chicken Donair ($9.00), because it was made with chicken breast. I also chose Tzaziki sauce instead of garlic sauce.

This was one of the worst donairs of any kind I have had. The Chicken was pre cooked and refrigerated, then heated on a grill. The Chicken was dry and tough. The Tzaziki sauce was very bland. The veggies looked like they needed to be revived. I was not impressed.

The prices here were on the high side and the service was mediocre.

1  Thank NoshTraveller
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Most diners order "to go" meals. There are tables for "in house dining" but very few people took that option. The items were fresh and tasty, possibly a bit more than a diner would want, but we managed to consume what we had ordered. A bit sloppy, with the sauces, but tasty.