“Awesome food!!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

The food and service was UNREAL. The seafood fettuccine is the best I have ever had. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We chose this restaurant strictly based on other reviews. We were walking to it and managed to walk right past. It does not stand out and scream for attention. It's quiet and classy-looking on the inside. Service was fabulous. My husband had chili and we both had the salmon dinner, which was done perfectly. We were far too full for dessert, unfortunately. This was a great choice.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We stopped in for lunch on our way to Edmonton. Selected it based on other trip advisor recommendations. 49th Street did not disappoint and can see why #1. The macaroni and cheese lobster with Greek salad was awesome! Paired with a glass of nice Italian red wine. My husband had an individual pizza which he quite liked. The service provided by the waitress was great and we enjoyed chatting with the owner who is quite friendly. Give it two thumbs up!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Food is great! Employees very friendly! Atmosphere is very nice and relaxing classy I guess you could say I definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

There is a combination of Greek and Italian items on the menu. The waitress pointed out that almost everything on the menu is prepared fresh, in house. Sauces are not from a can, pizza crust is also made in house.

I decided I would try the Chicken Souvlaki. The single skewer of Greek spiced chicken breast, came on a bed of flavoured rice, with Greek Salad and a piece of grilled garlic bread.

The rice and grilled garlic bread were decent, as was the Greek Salad (no lettuce filler, which is how it should be). I have had Chicken Souvlaki in many Greek restaurants before, but I must say, this was probably the best Chicken Souvlaki I have had. The breast meat was very well spiced and cooked perfectly. It was definitely not dry, as I've found in a lot of restaurants. Because the pieces were quite large, they didn't dry out when grilled. It was very moist and delicious. Unless your really hungry, the single skewer is a good sized portion.

What could have made this meal better, is if they gave you Greek Lemon Potatoes with the meal. My only complaint, is that a small dipping bowl of Tzatziki should have been included in the meal. I have never had Souvlaki in a restaurant before, that didn't include a small dipping bowl of Tzatziki sauce, as it compliments the chicken so well. With the Chicken Souvlaki costing $22.00, it's a real shame that they have the audacity to charge $2.00 extra for Tzatziki, which should have been included.

I would definitely like to try other items on the menu.

Overall, the food was very good. Prices were on the high side and service was prompt and courteous.