“Messy=good”

Athabasca Burger Bar
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Athabasca
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Ordered the basic bacon cheeseburger and a fry. The meal definitely did not feel generic which I appreciated. Good sloppy burger, crispy fries(by my request) and friendly service. Only unpleasant thing is the paper bag they use for fries is so thin that one tiny pack of vinegar almost melts the bag away: they should really use the tiny brown bags with the little fry box at the bottom.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

We were working in Athabasca. Seen the burger stand and stopped. So happy we did best burger and shake I have had in quite a while. Highly recommended you stop

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Went is for a quick meal to take back to my hotel. Burger was good, midrange. Much better than a typical fast food place. Onion rings were good. Price was reasonable. I'd stop to eat here again for sure. The milkshakes... Oh yes, any flavor I could possible want. I went with a banana chocolate that brought me back to my youth. If you go, get a shake!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Was surprised they served breakfast, I had no idea...it was great! The staff is very friendly and never let your coffee get cold.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank jrjdrice
Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best burger places I've been to on my travels. Not only were the food and the milkshakes great, but the hospitality from staff and customers was very welcoming and cozy. If you're ever going through Athabasca, be sure to stop and check it out!

Date of visit: February 2017