“This resuerant is past due”

Athabasca Burger Bar
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Athabasca
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Sorry, I know that the Burger Bar is a landmark and institution in Athabaska, but it is past due to close. I can not believe that the inspectors have not closed it down. The place is falling apart and dirty. The bathrooms are outside in the back. The young staff do the best they can, but they are not given much to work with. The food is okay but is still running on nostalgia.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Ordered the basic bacon cheeseburger and a fry. The meal definitely did not feel generic which I appreciated. Good sloppy burger, crispy fries(by my request) and friendly service. Only unpleasant thing is the paper bag they use for fries is so thin that one tiny pack of vinegar almost melts the bag away: they should really use the tiny brown bags with the little fry box at the bottom.

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

We were working in Athabasca. Seen the burger stand and stopped. So happy we did best burger and shake I have had in quite a while. Highly recommended you stop

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Went is for a quick meal to take back to my hotel. Burger was good, midrange. Much better than a typical fast food place. Onion rings were good. Price was reasonable. I'd stop to eat here again for sure. The milkshakes... Oh yes, any flavor I could possible want. I went with a banana chocolate that brought me back to my youth. If you go, get a shake!

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Was surprised they served breakfast, I had no idea...it was great! The staff is very friendly and never let your coffee get cold.

1  Thank jrjdrice