All reviews hi express king suite microwave oven indoor pool front desk staff morning breakfast very nice hotel off the highway jacuzzi tub a great stay pancakes breakfast was included wi fi sausage comfortable beds upon check would definitely stay here again
Reviewed November 3, 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here very much. Gym was nice and fully equipped. Pool was clean and kept. Our room was great, king bed was perfect and the hit breakfast was just what we needed to get back on the road. Only negative I can think of is that the breakfast was only open till 930. I would like to see it open till ten. Other then that would definite stay here again. Great location flows to casino too!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2015

We used this hotel as a meeting point for two families from Toronto/Montreal. We reserved two connected rooms. One of them had a jacuzzi which the kids spent some hours splashing around in. The rooms were very clean upon arrival. They have a decent swimming pool that the wife used in the morning; while I worked out at the gym. Equipment selection & variety in gym is great: From cardio & weight machines to free weights and bench. After a good work out you can head to their hot breakfast - pancakes, walnuts on side (mmm..), scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, bacon, toasts, cereal and the whole gamut. We would definitely consider Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque as a good stopping point for sleepover next time.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow; get a room close to stairways. 3rd floor rooms have very tall ceilings
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2015

I had selected a pond view room, less for the view (which wasn't much), but more to avoid the noise from tour groups loading up in the morning as mentioned by other reviewers. My third floor room allowed me to work and get good sleep without being disturbed by the tour groups that clearly regularly use this hotel. Lots of space to move in the room around and lovely high ceilings.

I had a dripping tap in the bathroom which I advised the front desk of within an hour of my arrival. After three days, it still hadn't been fixed. That being said, I said that it didn't really bother me, but that it was wasteful of water. For the latter reason, it really should have been looked after.

Apart from that small item however, I had a lovely stay and was very happy with the breakfast offerings. It was nice that they changed things up a little every day (i.e. one day sausage, one day bacon) which is nice for those of us staying more than one night, and the cinnamon rolls were delicious. The pancake maker is a little temperamental, but I enjoyed the novelty of it.

The vast majority of the staff were really lovely, but not quite as helpful as I would have liked. The times I spoke of local restaurants, I seemed to be better informed than the staff.

The location is super easy to find, however you are just outside of the main town. The hotel is just set back from the main road. You will definitely need a bike/taxi/car to easily access the "downtown" attractions. That being said, downtown is five minutes away by car.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2015

We stayed there just for one night. Very new hotel, very spacious rooms. There is a grocery store on a walking distance from the hotel. Breakfast was OK, not too many choices but it was included in the price of the room.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2015

It has been at least 20 years since I last entered a Holiday Inn and we were very pleased by our visit to this hotel . Was greeted by a very knowledgeable clerk at the reception desk. Professional and pleased with her work and workplace. The room was very clean. The continental breakfast offers a very good variety and is better than others . I was impressed by the cleansiness of the breakfast area. Close to highway and Casino, but a bit out of the way from US bridge, Overall we highly recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple