“Phenomenal food and service - the full package”
Review of The Athlone Inn - CLOSED

The Athlone Inn
Price range: US$1 - US$152
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Kitchener, Canada
“Phenomenal food and service - the full package”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stumbled upon this little gem on a recent visit to Gananoque and were very pleasantly surprised. First off, the service was probably the best we have ever received at any dining establishment. The food was absolutely fantastic and beautifully presented. We sat on the patio which was peaceful and serene. I would have to rate this one of my best dining experiences ever based on all of the factors! Thank you so much for such an enjoyable evening!

• Visited July 2011

Toronto
“terrible service”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My wife and I had reservations for the patio. When we got there, we were simply told no patio tables were available and we would have to wait or eat inside. This did not bode well for the quality of the service. That's the whole point of making reservations? We left and instead chose the Ivy restaurant, 10 minutes out of town. We had a decent meal there. We will not return to the Althone Inn.

• Visited July 2011
Gananoque, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Been to many others......still the best around”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

My wife and I go to the Athlone Inn for dinner on average once per month. We sacrificed a weekly meal out in favour of a monthly 'better quality ' dining experience. We have tried other 'fine dining' places around the Kingston and 1000 Islands area and we have yet to find anything that comes close to the Athlone for service and food quality.

We have eaten in many places around the US, Canada and UK and as far as we are concerned, the Athlone is right up there with the best. Not bad for being in our backyard right here in Gananoque!

Jason and Miranda are fantastic hosts and we always look forward to the seasonal menu change arriving in the email inbox.

If you are in Gananoque, visiting or passing through, stop in for dinner. It will be worth it.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank GlennH1
Kingston, Canada
“So good it will keep interrupting your conversation”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We like to visit the Athlone at least once a year and we are never disappointed. This year topped all others and I am an offical cheerleader for the Athlone experience. What makes its so great? The staff, the location, the soup, the steak, the temple cream beside your bed to sooth you after that wonderful port night cap. The breakfast, the owners, the clean rooms and sheets that smell like they came off the line. The wine selection, the extra towels that are just in your room without asking. When I go there I feel like I can totally relaxed because I know I can expect great things. Oh and the homemade jelly's and chocolates that the owner/head chef makes - are you kidding?! Also, this Inn uses every local item they can get their hands on, they make their own bread (to die for) and ice cream and you can taste the difference. Thinking of a mini adventure? CALL THEM!!

• Visited March 2011
Toronto, Canada
“A must-eat place!”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

This was decidedly one of the best places I have eaten at (and I've tried a few all over the world!). The menu as well as the sophistication of the dishes themselves was quite special. I'd certainly want to go there to eat again - much better than other fine dining places I tired in the city. The inn itself is also a wonderful place to stay with an extraordinarily helpful and charming hostess!