All reviews hot tub bonaventure island lobster great view the hotel's restaurant parking spot bed was comfortable vacation destination ocean waves classic room beautiful scenery rain shower the air conditioning unit beautiful hotel second floor nice room a great place to stay
Reviewed September 11, 2018

This was our second stay in the Riotel Perce. The views are amazing. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Food and service is great. We highly recommend this as a vacation destination. We love the south pavilion for it's views .

Room Tip: Love the south pavilion for it's views!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We stayed two nights, August 24 & 25, 2018.
We stayed in the base hotel. There are two other lodging buildings that are part of Riotel Perce. Although the place is obviously older it is well kept up & maintained. The lobby/front desk area is spacious with a large glass wall separating it from the enclosed restaurant. Our room had a queen bed & a view of Perce Rock. As well as the interior entrance door we also had an exterior door that led to a wrap around balcony which was a pleasant place to sit during the evening. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, & the bathroom, although small, was very clean & completely functional. About the only negatives we had were 1. that the air conditioning unit in the room, obviously modern, was controlled by a remote that I didn't quite conquer. That worked the first night but not during the second even though the front desk folks found the instruction book & even made me a copy of the instructions for the remote control. Fortunately, the heat was not oppressive. 2. parking can be tight at this hotel.
Otherwise, in spite of the sometimes apparent language barrier (I don't speak French) the staff people were friendly & helpful.
Overall, a good place to stay, convenient to walking the Perce boardwalk or the sidewalk to look around.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Third time and I never get disappointed. The views are spectacular and the town has been revamped because of a bad winter storm. It's simply beautiful and peaceful.
Would definitely stay there again next time I go to Percé.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 11, 2018

After spending the previous night in the Riotel hotel in Matane this place was a bit of a disappointment,checkin was slow,parking was almost non existant and although the room had a nice view it was very old and dated with an air conditioning unit that was noisy even when turned off,
the restaurant was ok but service was extremely slow with waitresses that didnt seem all that friendly however the food was good and the view was nice, there was no pool however somewhere we never found was a hot tub.
a nice touch was the bonfire at night,
breakfast was the same as supper,good food but slow service and a waitress that wasnt having a goopd day apparently.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2018

I didn’t expect much and was just happy this hotel was near the water and the rock. I was surprised by how nice and cozy the room was ( looked way nicer than the pictures). Our room window opened to the beautiful water view and we could easily see Le Rocher-Percé to our left. Even the bathroom had a window overlooking the water. There were other rooms that had direct access (via stairs if on the second floor) to the waterside but I suppose there were the more expensive ones. The key to the room, was an actual old fashioned key not an access card. Pretty cool! I don’t ever remember having a hotel key like that in my entire adult life. It was a short walk from the hotel to the rock and you could either take the path right by the water or the street path. There were a number of nice small stores and restaurants on the way to the rock. There was a fireplace in the hotel outdoor area that was lit after sunset; despite time of the year (early July), it felt good to sit around it. When we arrived in the evening, we had difficulty finding a parking spot and I ended up parking on the grass (which I was told was fine) but later noticed an actual parking spot and moved the car there. The one and only morning that we were there, I woke up to the sound of the waves. So relaxing and nostalgic, reminded me of my childhood and traveling with my parents.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family