“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Toronto
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed there this past weekend and the service was fast, the prices were very affordable and the staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean, the continental breakfast was more than adequate and the location was very convenient! I definitely recommend it to everyone!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RTejani
Sabiya, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your wonderful words Mrs.Tejani. We are pleased to hear that our property along with our staff accommodated you and your family during your holidays. It was such a pleasure to invite your family into ours. We do hope to see you all soon.

Mebs Ladha
Kensington Hospitality Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hamilton
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Any time im in orillia I stay at this hotel.
I enjoy the fact that they have smoking and non smoking rooms as for I'm a smoker.
The rates are reasonable and the rooms are clean an have mini fridges an mic in them free wireless internet for guests and some rooms now have the new flat screen tvs. The breakfast is simple but a nice added touch with no extra cost. This is the second review I've done as for I failed to realize that there is an extra link to follow not a big computer user.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Sabiya, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Econo Lodge Orillia. Our success is measured by our guest's experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Econo Lodge on your next visit to the Orillia area.

Mebs Ladha
General Manger
Kensington Hospitality Inc
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is the third time we have stayed at Econo Lodge and we are satisfied with our room and the staff. Breakfast is a customary continental in a comfortable dining area. We especially like the fair prices.

Room Tip: We usually acquire our room through Priceline there's always one available for a very low price.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2012

A warning to anyone who are waiting for Econo Lodge Orillia to call or confirm your reservations for the weekend of June 7- 10 for the Barrie Automotive Flea Market. Their Head Office booked up all the rooms for this weekend and no one will find out if they have a room until after May 1st. Good thing we had decided to find another hotel to go to. Have been going to this Orillia location for about 20 years now and the state of the place is getting worse every year. Management need to start fixing up the place and checking behind the furniture to see if proper cleaning has been done. When I called this morning to check on our booking for the June weekend as we had not been called yet, the clerk informed me that we wouldn't know if we had a room until after May 1st.
Feel sorry for the staff as over the years we have gotten to know them quite well and they are only doing what management tell them.

Room Tip: don't blame the staff for the mess, call head office and tell them to start spending some money...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Orillia hotels

toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have stayed at other Econlodge locations in the past that have been far better than this. Next time I will pay more money and stay somewhere else.

When I made the reservation online, it website stated that nothing would be charged to my credit card until checking out of hotel the next morning. Before we arrived that this location, the hotel had already done a pre-authorization for the 2 nights we originally planned on staying there. I understand that pre-authorizations happen with hotels, but give the guest a chance to arrive before you do that.

We mentioned it to the receptionist upon check-in and she was very rude about it. We finally got to our room and the room was smelly, the sheets were wrinkled and basically the room looked like it wasn't clean.

We advised the receptionist on our way out who stated that she would get the room re-cleaned. When we arrived, it did smell a little better. But as I was getting ready for bed, I pulled the sheets back and from under the bed flew a tag from someone's recently bought shirt and a reciept. I guess the room wasn't as clean as it should have been. I reached over behind the nightstand to plug something in and there was a HUGE CLUMP OF HAIR between the nightstand and the bed. At that point I was fed up and I called the night time receptionist and advised that I wanted her to come and see the condition the room was in.

She arrived at our room but we could tell that she was not a happy camper that she had to come to the room. She offered us an upgrade, which was not much better than the first room. The comforter was stained, dirty and smelly. I didn't even want to get under the covers. When I went to the bathroom, I picked up a hotel from the stack and saw that the towel was VERY STAINED!!! i picked up the others and they were in very poor condition.

We didn't even bother with the second night. We checked out the next day.

HORRIBLE HOTEL!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere ELSE!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Sabiya, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to Econolodge Orillia. We appreciate your patronage and are saddened to note that your visit and stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please accept my sincerest regrets and apologies.

In order to better understand and resolve the issues, I ask that you call me on my toll free number 1-877-326-6534. I am available at any time and look forward to speaking with you.

With best regards,
Mebs
Orillia, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We've had a longer stay at this hotel and it has been great. It's very family and pet friendly. There are smoking and non smoking rooms. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. There is a free breakfast included in your stay. The rooms are good size and comfortable. If there is anything you need, the staff will do their best to help you. There are lots of restaurants in walking distance. Shuttle bus to the casino on weekends.
Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have door to outside, so you can park your car at your door.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lydia l
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had to change rooms right away when you find old food in your fridge,then it kept going from there. Holes in the blankets, stains on the comforter, toilet broke,light bulb burns out in washroom, taped up converter, horrible picture on tv, problems with room key, and a few more smaller things. When checking out, not even an offer of discount or free room next time you stay in one of there chains, not very good service on the desk. Overall not the best stay.

Room Tip: Do not check in without looking at the room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K V
Sabiya, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Thank you for your recent feedback after your stay with us at Econolodge Orillia. I am very sad to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory and on behalf of the staff & the management please accept our sincerest apologies.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you. It is our earnest hope that you will visit Econolodge Orillia again in the near future and give us the opportunity to provide you with the service and hospitality that we are known for.

Mebs .....